PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I don't actually mind the idea of a cockpit. Just like I don't mind having the gun on screen for infantry, even though that restricts view as well. I dislike the bad, overly restrictive designs they universally share.
And if you were campaigning to have better designed cockpits then you wouldn't be running into so much resistance. What they've shown us is likely one of their earliest iterations. "Subject to change" would be an understatement. But you're campaigning to have toggle off cockpits, which effectively defeats the purpose of having the cockpit in the first place.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Because your window to the world is already restricted enough just because its on a monitor.
Why though? What reasoning is the base of this?

Example:
I like cockpit view.<---Cockpit views make flying an aircraft feel more like flying an aircraft, complete with the pros and the cons.<---Cockpit views are immersive.<---I like to feel immersed in the game world.

As you can see I like cockpit views because they make the world more compelling to me. I'm fond of being able to look down and see my feet for the same reason (and in the game).