PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Needs Prone
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Tigersmith View Post
Please no prone. The last thing we need is snipers laying down the entire game..look at battlefield 3..thats all they do
Though I stand against prone in PS2 I have to say.

Isn't that what snipers are supposed to do??? lol

Who wants snipers running around? If the guns are accurate enough to get kills while moving we have an even bigger problem than prone would cause.

I am still against prone if I had to cast a solid vote but I'll back Envenom a bit here and say I don't see exactly how it would ruin the game if it went in (assuming you can't run and dive).

Just because there is no prone doesn't mean people wont stay in one spot. Also, people in prone that are camping are sitting ducks that can barely move. There is that large trade-off to consider. Giving a sniper a slight advantage of being better able to hide is exactly what a sniper is meant to be. A silent hidden killer. except if your spotted while prone, its over for you.

I just don't see that there is a big argument against prone I think it changes the game less than people are saying it will. I also think PS2 should cater to every play style because scope and grand scale are the whole point of the game.