PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "Higby pls" process explained
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-24, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Wahooo
Captain

Re: "Higby pls" process explained

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
I QUIT LAYING PS1 FOR THE BASIC REASON IS IT BECAME BORING (so damn repetitive).

However, it was EXTREMELY ADDCITING THE FIRST YEAR or TWO.

So, if PS1 was good enough to inspire PS2 .... one would think they would have KEPT THE GOOD STUFF .... and consistently worked on minimizing boring game mechanics.

Why reinvent the wheel ? IMPROVE IT.

Why they chose to turn their backs on so many of the good core mechanics of PS1 is beyond me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it ?

I DID NOT WANT PS1 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS. I WANTED PS2. An evolution of everything good from PS1 with changes & improvements.

......If it ain't broke but it could be better .... IMPROVE IT ..... don't give us THIS PS2 ..... completely unproven & untested content. Really ?

Unfortunately, it appears as if the guys at the top had some preferences for BF, COD, ...... that don't fit PlanetSide. They rolled the dice, and tried to make a game more to their liking & where they thought the FPS market would/should evolve to. They missed the mark.

..... can they start over ? Can they fix what they currently have ? Can they do it before the game dies ? We shall see.

When PlanetSide came out, there was nothing like it. What we have now is not cohesive enough or compelling enough.

PS2 isn't boring because it's too repetitive over time. PS2 is boring because ...... it lacks soul. They only needed to make PS1 better, not different.

I did not play at all this weekend. I did not miss it at all. When I miss playing this game - I'll know they've gotten themsleves back on track.

I'm not mad at anyone. I'm a tad disillusioned, but hey, that's life.

I was encouraged when Malorn joined their team. Perhaps they need 10 more with his PS1 background to help turn the tide away from the BF & COD mentality .... and get to what needs to be a 100% PlanetSide mentality. A PlaneSide mentality that takes tiny gameplay elements from other FPS titles that serve to ENHANCE PlanetSide .... NOT make it CopyCatFPSside.

...and just because another FPS title draws big numbers - does not mean there aren't other good games PlanetSide should draw from. BEING DIFFERENT IS not only entertaining & fun, it's ESSENTIAL TO THIS BRANDS SURVIVAL.
When PS2 inspires videos like this: