PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How PhysX runs on Nvidia and AMD (ATI) systems
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-21, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
EVILoHOMER
Major

Re: How PhysX runs on Nvidia and AMD (ATI) systems

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I already mentioned version 3.0 having better CPU support. Although we still do not know at this point what version they're using anyway if the better CPU support will even come as a result.

I don't see any problem with a F2P game making use of the PhysX effect even if it only on a Nvidia GPU. The none Nvidia card user can simply just turn off the PhysX to gain better performance worse case if the developer doesn't go crazy with the CPU support.

You are going to be in a world of hurt if you are attempting to use a low end GPU like Intel's to play this game too.
My point is it can be cosmetic and Nvidia based but they've said it will work if you have both Nvidia and ATI/AMD cards. So this suggest to me they're using it for the core gameplay instead of something like Havoc. So it'll have to be CPU optimized and I reckon it'll be used for core gameplay rather than cosmetic effects. I doubt we'll see glass shattering, papers blowing around and lots of tiny bits blowing off cars as they explode. I think they're using Physx for stuff like how cars and vehicles handle...

Last edited by EVILoHOMER; 2012-01-21 at 03:03 PM.