PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Balancing Factor: Resource Storage Limit

I don't feel the developers should implement a system that forces players to horde resources. Ideally resources should just be a way to upgrade and customize among many choices. It should be used as a method for balance, limiting choices over time. That is you can purchase 5 things now to min max or spread it over time. Having a resource cap removes any player's tendency to needlessly horde resources. That and like I said in another thread I want players to work together to purchase vehicles with complicated loadouts and a resource cap makes sure that someone isn't just AFK grinding resources to pull the most advantageous loadout every turn by themselves. Any resource model should promote players that are currently playing.

That said I'm strongly against a resource acquisition model that directly rewards kills/support since it allows power to get power. Which is why I proposed a loyalty system that caps the resource acquisition rate for personal resources. The resource cap on top of this I feel promotes the best atmosphere so that resources don't overwhelm a player's priorities. That is it's independent of a player's success so they can play casually without feeling like they are stressed keep up.

Originally Posted by Soothsayer View Post
I want to relive those original massive planetside battles, get in, get out and not have to be constantly watching my resource tallies.
You make a lot of assumptions. What if it only takes like 10 spawns to hit the maximum if you don't spend anything? That is playing casually would allow you to get most everything every other spawn?