PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - An ORIGINAL Planetside 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-13, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Vancha
Colonel

Re: An ORIGINAL Planetside 2

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
have less downtime for CEP to decay during).
During...what?

It sounds like you're assuming the decay happens while they're offline. If it only decayed while they were online, I don't see why it'd be any worse for casual players.

Cert cost - while your ideas are good for discouraging people who want CEP for the wrong reasons, it also pushes away those who may be good at leading but prefer to spend certs on non-command roles. I'm not against your idea if it's the only possibility available, but I think if we can find an alternative way to stop people gaining CEP for OS/chat channels, that'd be preferable.

The OS problem gets solves by removing it or drastically altering it like we've said.

Whether or not global/continent chat should stay and how it would work is something else entirely...and depends on how macro commanding will work in the sequel. Any thoughts on this?

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Macro commanders would gain CEP as a percentage of their company or platoons successes, it filtering through to them.
You mean any platoons or companies that take a base on a continent would give CEP to macro commanders (CR5s) on that cont as well? You dismissed CEP decay earlier, so what purpose would this serve?

Rewarding forethought - I agree entirely this would be hard to reward, but you say commanders would try to end fights quickly and cleanly like it's a bad thing. Granted, in Planetside it was, but that was due to fault with the game. Hopefully the flow of battle and the design of bases in the sequel will mean that a decent resistance by the enemy makes a good fight inevitable. Though once again, our inability to know what bases will be like, how they'll be captured, how they'll be built and how we'll be rewarded for capturing them makes this a pointless avenue of conversation I suppose.

Merits - This would definitely hook some people into commanding; good idea!

The more I think and talk about this, the more I think commanding squads/platoons and commanding
globally (galactically?)/continentally should be two separate avenues with their own rewards. That way you could encourage people to lead squads and platoons for the sake of leading squads and platoons, rather than simply being a stepping stone to CR5.

Last edited by Vancha; 2010-04-13 at 12:42 PM.