PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why not assign Guerilla Games' 270 Sony employees to PS2?
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-13, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Re: Why not assign Guerilla Games' 270 Sony employees to PS2?

You see, I agree that Planetside should be rampped up to be a juggernaut. It can be a game changer. But I don't think that involves Guerrilla Games at all. I would be much better, and much easier to simply hire onto the current dev team. I would try to scalp talent from DICE, Bungie, and Respawn, maybe move some willing from GG, and get even more fresh, untapped talent out of college. What they need to do is go from a studio of 90 people, and hire on to get a 250 - 300 person dev team. I mean Bungie has 500+ people on that team and its all on a gamble. Planetside can be a better bet, especially if they also open it up to Xbox later in the generation (when moving games outweighs moving consoles).

Also, I've just never been impressed with GG. DICE and Bungie are imho the top FPS dev teams. They need to try to assemble an all-star team, not give it to a B- team. The current devs actually seem very good considering the limitations of what they are working with. I'd take SOE-PS2 over GG on a one to one basis any day.

Last edited by Dougnifico; 2014-04-13 at 02:50 PM.