PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: In remembrance of Marsman
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-30, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Re: In remembrance of Marsman

Marsman was a pivotal officer within the Officers' Corps of the CDL for nearly a decade. His skill in helping others learn gaming techniques had tremendous impact on the team during our competition days in Tribes 2 ladder play. He was our go-to-guy. With him, Hamma, TBeast, Sentrosi, and Graniterok on officer duty, I knew the CDL would never waver in her course through the gaming minefields.

It is a tragic loss for all of online gaming. It is a tragic loss for PSU. It is a tragic loss for the CDL. It is a tragic and tremendous loss for me. He was a dear friend and someone who would go out of his way to accommodate my lack of expertise in technical matters, no matter how small. That was because he was a friend, and a great guy. He wasn't perfect and none of us are, but he was stalwart and faithful to the CDL for many years.

I am grieved to the depths of my heart with his death.

Crawling Kane showed incredible honor and strength by standing watch over him until he died. I salute you CK - well done Dragon Wolf.

I salute you Marsman - teammate, brother in gaming arms, technical counselor, and most importantly, my friend.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><