PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Empire Specific Light Transport Vehicles (Deliverers)
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-30, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Empire Specific Light Transport Vehicles (Deliverers)

Before we start, forgive my poor drawing skills...

What I am going to introduce are vehicles that were created with Deliverer in mind.

Groveler/Creeper (VS-specific)

Keeping in mind the design cues of Thresher and Scythe, I figured out a UFO-like vehicle.

Deliverer (NC-specific)

With new lore coming into play, I was thinking what can ES deliverer be for NC. After some though I decided that it should be a repurposed mining truck, so having some visions of Tiberian Sun Harverster, I drew this. Besides the look of it definitely gives the feel of a "tank", which, according to the ES³ formula, it is supposed to be.

Raider (TR Specific)

I was trying to figure out a design for TR, and couldn't think of any. Until it hit me - the original Raider actually fits perfectly - just smooth all the sharp edges and you get the exact design model, PS2 gives to TR.

Suggested innovations/Trivia. LTVs:
  1. Have very high speed.
  2. Can move on water, VS one can strafe on it, though.
  3. Have a customizable ATV Cargo Slot.
  4. Can be equipped with flamethrower.
  5. (except for Raider) have 2 gunner and 2 passenger slots.
  6. Can be transformed into ES artillery, sacrificing all the gunner/passenger seats.*
  7. Are deployables and have some deployable ability.
  8. Can be equipped with AV, AI, and AA weaponry.
  9. Have a customisation allowing to carry maxes.**

*Suggested artillery is plasma howitzer (VS), Tomahawk-like missile launcher (NC), long-range multiple rocket launcher (TR). Obviously I suggest having a very fair resource price for each shot to prevent spam.
**I imagine removing all but 1 gun for the LTVs as a tradeoff for the ability.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-06-30 at 03:25 PM.