PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Beginning of the End of the Republican Party?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Vecha
First Sergeant

Re: The Beginning of the End of the Republican Party?

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
When you see and hear reports about businesses working to get fake ID/driver licenses for illegals, it's not hard to think that it might be a larger problem than known.

There isnt a large percentage, it is extremely small, most places allow them to vote anyways, and they just have to provide other proof, like utility bill and birth cert for it to count. It's held to the side.

Could you please give some evidence proving your "extremely small" statement?(Also would be helpful if you explained what you mean by extremely small. 5% would be a large percentage in my eye. That's a lot of people).

What do fake illegal ids have to do with the voter id law(s)? That there is illegal shit that goes on in this country?

When you show me evidence that proves it is worth disenfranchising even a "small percentage" of people in order to combat voter fraud...then I'll concede.

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
There's no reason why IDs should stop people from being able to vote.

Unless of course you deliberately make getting an ID impossible for groups of voters you don't want to vote because you're one of two parties who likes to stay in power.

But passes aren't expensive. If they're made to be expensive and for that reason unattainable then you're looking at a corrupt local state government that should be voted out of office asap. Voting is a right, after all, not a bought right.
My main problem is that these changes are going on during an election year.

Not everyone follows politics. They aren't sending out letters informing the public on what is required.

Many, many people are without the right form of identification.

Some have IDs that are expired, lost, incorrect address etc. etc.

Some college kids just don't have one.

Some who are older haven't had to worry about it for years.