PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - More TW user PS Beta NDA Breakage.
View Single Post
Old 2003-03-31, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by LogRoller
To set the stage for pre-judgement, I don't think PS will be very successful, but I'm certainly open to hearing why people think otherwise. I'll definitely demo the game.
I'm going to go out on a limb of my own here:

I predict that from half to two-thirds of Tribes players that got hooked on DAoC will get hooked on PS.

I mean, even games like Shadowbane get their moment in the sun on TW, just because it's such a strong community. Or, fuck, remember WWII Online? There were a bunch that gave that a whirl when it first started, to see what it was like (and I think they all returned it, lol) but unlike SB and WWIIOL and AO, DAoC really stuck around with some Tribers. I think PS is going to do the same, because you never heard a single good thing on TW about DAoC until just about a week after it came out, and then -- BOOM. PS already has quite a few supporters on TW that think it shows a lot of promise, and I am certain that it has WAAAAAY more people that will buy the game and try it for the free period.

Well, that's half the battle for SoE -- if they don't think it sucks they won't return it.

I think that, initially at least, Tribers are going to make up a worth-noticing chunk of the PS playerbase.