PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Battle scoreboard
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-06, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Binkley
Sergeant

Battle scoreboard

The battle scoreboard (the thing shown by pressing tab) has always been a mystery to me. This thing has either been broken since day one, it's a unfinshed function for some aspect of the game not yet implemented, or I just don't understand it.

Things that puzzle me:

For scoring purposes what "starts" a battle and what "ends" it?

On plenty of occasions, I'm defending a base where the enemy has captured the point but we are pouring out of the spawn and trying to recapture it and the scoreboard says "battle ended".

I'm fighting in a base and kill several enemy, I check the scoreboard and it shows I have zero kills, or sometimes I'm not listed at all, as if I wasn't at the battle (that is raging around me).

The points shown by the scoreboard appear to be the actual XP earned, including all bonuses and boosts. Makes it kind of meaningless, no? I "win" because I'm running a boost?

Sometimes I see players listed on the scoreboard with seemingly impossible scores (even accounting for boosts, etc.) A short battle at a small outpost with no armor involved and someone has 50K points?

How does air get counted? Aircraft don't stay in a base, or even a hex the way infantry do, often contributing to several battles simultaneously.

It seems that points scored from ground vehicles sitting outside the base, don't get counted on the scoreboard, but blowing them up from inside the base does count?

Does the scoreboard have any use for anyone?
Can anyone shed some light here?