PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Runners on vehicles
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zekeen
Major

Re: Runners on vehicles

Originally Posted by Dr Dinocrusher View Post
Well, this is something I came up with the other day. I haven't seen anything about it in any of the previews so as far as I know it hasn't been implemented yet. Vehicle customization just seems to be weapons/camo. Basically, as an upgrade for vehicles they can attach handles and runners (or 'assault skids', or whatever name the devs want) to the vehicle, allowing infantry (but not MAX suits) to hang off of it and it for transport. E.g., tanks, mosquitoes and reavers would all be capable of carrying troops around. The tradeoff, of course, is that this takes up whatever else could be in that slot, and the troops aren't very well protected since they're hanging off of a vehicle. I figure the number of troops carried would be 2 or 4 (with an even number on each side), probably depending on vehicle. It'd be a good way to expand the role that aircraft and (non-transport) ground vehicles can play in my opinion and expand transport options, and the vulnerability of the troops wouldn't make it to overpowered in my opinion.

Thoughts?
I'm going to say this is a great idea. But for aircraft, leave it to the Galaxy. A Galaxy mod that exposes transported troops but allows them to attack would be great, especially if MAXes were on board. Far as your idea for troops hanging on tanks and stuff - a LOT of people want this. If they will ever add it, who knows, but it is a fun though ofr being able to grab onto a tank on the go.

I don't know if it will be possible just yet though. Once they add in enter/exit animations, it would be much more plausible, as there would be an actual mounting spot for the soldier.