PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why I quit PS1
Thread: Why I quit PS1
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Tuomio
Private

Re: Why I quit PS1

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
This thread is getting stupid now, CE is an automated defensive tool.. The player doesn't actively have to do anything for it to be effective. The fact is you can lay a ton of it and go about your merry business, grab a reaver.. Spam anyone trying to EMP your CE... etc.

So in effect the EMP isn't a hard counter to a players class or play style, it's simply giving a commander the chance to level the playing field every twenty minutes.

Sure, it takes 1-2 minutes to relay CE.. But trust me, if PS2 does things right the opposition will run out of EMP's a lot quicker than you will run out of CE spam. Without EMP's gal drops would be a lot harder, taking a base equally so, making gameplay even more stale and less dynamic. Is that really the game you guys want to end up playing? Really glad you guys arnt calling this shots on stuff like this.
If defender is good and dynamic enough, its rightful that the attack is delayed or rendered unsuccessful even against odds. This is what is very hard to grasp when your playstyle only suits head-on collisions (harder head being the winning factor), when you do 100 repeated gal-drops and die every time.

It was not that the defender had static tools in his disposal, its YOU who acted like quake-bot and never got clever enough to get past his simple, "automated and static" nuisances.

OS is for quake bots, they are so scripted that tool is needed to remove "wall" that causes him to get stuck repeatedly.

Tool that perfectly removes vast array of other tools from the table reduces dynamics and creates static confrontations. EMP grenade or boomer mine is perfect example of devastating and effective tool, but one that cannot be used without opening other possibilities for counters. Its the essence of entertaining gaming, simple parts can create complex machinery that can entertain for decades.

Head-on collisions at backdoor or towers can entertain kids and domestic pets, but so can flushing down a roll of toilet paper. Why use 5 years of development time to create effect which could be solved with a cheap roll of paper?