PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Anti-air as a larger part of strategy.
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-01, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Traak
Colonel

Re: Anti-air as a larger part of strategy.

Originally Posted by Sentrosi View Post
There is already some very strong AA in Planetside. They are called Mosquitos, Reavers, Vultures and Wasps. Also an Engineer can upgrade existing base turrets to AA guns. I think with enhanced squad commands and intra-empire alliances, you are going to see better coordinated defense of bases.

But, some of us have no use for being a pilot, and no interest in it. If you worship flight so much, go play crimson skies.

Not everyone plays the game to prance around the sky in a plane.

A selection of different AA capabilities that are ground-based would be cool, indeed. So far, it's AAmax and Skyguard, neither of which has much armor. How about AA that is armored, requires three people, gunner, driver, and person to man the radar/paint targets? More survivability traded off for requiring more people, unlike the Prowler, which just had more people for the sake of God knows what.

I want to see maxes that have much more armor and can traverse much more quickly, too. Even if they walk more slowly.

Last edited by Traak; 2011-08-01 at 09:44 PM.