PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Improvement: Additional voice macros
Thread: Improvement: Additional voice macros
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-09-20, 04:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Additional voice macros

I like the spot/order menu in the BF games, could use that idea along with a wheel mechanic or something like that that I've seen in other games.

I want to see all voice macros be individually bindable, but as far as spotting or reporting enemy units...

- "Enemy spotted"
- "Incoming!" (just a general statement, nothing specific)

For the "incoming" and "enemy" spotted, I woudl like to see the BF mechanic where we sort of automatically call out what we see. I don't want to see 3D spotting or any of that garbage, but I would like to see something where if I have a target in the vicinity of my crosshairs if I push the button it says "Enemy tanks spotted!"

As I said, not 3d Spotting, but it could be smart "Enemy infantry spotted, 100 meters SE" and let those in earshot figure it out.

Tactical "We need" macros would be nice, "We need X"...

"We need air cover!"
"We need armor!"
"We need MAX units!"
"We need jetpack infantry!" (or whatever you want to call it)
"We need AA!"
"We need AT!"
"We need a transport!"

Resources could work too...
"We need auraxium!"

Commands:
"Go go go!!" (CS got this one right!)
"Hold position!"
"Stand your ground!"
"Fall back!"
"Flank left!"
"Flank right!"
"Move up!"
"Press the attack!"
"Stay together!"
"Spread out!"
"Get to cover!"
"Covering fire!"

Warnings:
"Enemy ahead!"
"Enemy flanking left!"
"Enemy flanking right!"
"Enemy behind us!"
"Incoming aircraft!"
"Incoming MAX units!"
"Incoming armor!"
"Incoming infantry!"

(the above are independent of the "spot" feature mentioned above)

"Drop drop drop!!" (I agree with Fire and like this one a lot)
"10s til go time!!" (I generalized Fire's drop-time and breach counter...could change it to 5s, or have both versions)

All commands should only be hearable by units in your own faction IMO. They aren't for talking trash but for coordinating. Other voice macros could be usable for all to hear/taunting/distraction/diversion/etc.