PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - I hate Vanu
Thread: I hate Vanu
View Single Post
Old 2003-02-12, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
Bighoss
General

that war could easily be justifed as good Vs Evil but you will never know because history is told by the victor. For all we know if the germans had won the world would be peaceful and happy (I extremely doubt that though).

We did not take half as many casulties as the Germans who I think took around 2 million and we took .5. The Americans were needed to win that war. The Russians would have held off the germans but they would have never gained any ground. It would have been a stand off. The UK would have been cut off and in bad shape. They would have been suffocated because the island would have been surrounded by U boats. (I think I'm babling)

The war we did defeat the germans in quite easily was World War I. Both sides were bruised up pretty badly but the Germans were in better shape. The Americans were the industrial power with a huge population. every day 10,000 more soldiers were dropped off. No way for the Germans to beat that. They just didn't want to go down without a fight.

This war should not be compared to world war 2 really which was good vs evil. WWI was just a land war and those have been happening forever. In the beginning we were actually considering joining the Germans. In return the continent of North America would have been ours. America was hesitant because it wanted to stay out of Europe. When they began hearing about the Germans trying to get Mexico to declare war on America to keep them out of Europe all together it got America angry despite that fact that the germans were sinking civilian boats.

It would have been the ultimate Irony I think. The English colony comes back and conquers England after 140 years. (NOT TO SAY I WOULD WANT THAT)

Just some history facts could be wrong always willing to hear different facts.