PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Capture Mechanics
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Capture Mechanics

Good analysis.

What I take away from this is that it will be very important to capture surrounding territory before tackling a base, as this will give you a much bigger advantage when it comes to tickets. I like this, as it simulates cutting the base off from reinforcements yet also gives defenders a bit of warning, so the tactic to strike the base first and take it by surprise is also valid. This also means that uncontested territory can be quickly captured - no more sitting around for 15 minutes doing nothing unless you are stupid.

I am not too sure I like the tickets counting up - as you say it is arbitrary. How to replace it? Perhaps have the defenders tickets counting down as we had with NTU originally and when it runs out the defenders cannot spawn and the base flips. More points captured and the faster the defenders lose tickets. Adjacent defender territories could give the facility tickets, so capturing them even while the hack is in progress would still make a difference. It's a simpler system but again how to deal with two attacking empires is an issue.

Last edited by DviddLeff; 2012-04-09 at 05:55 AM.