PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-03, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Re: The Issue of the 10%-20% Power Differentiation

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
"Conan, what is good in life?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

Lamentations aside, crushing enemies and driving them out is accomplishment. It served us in PS for many years quite successfully. What was even better was that the act of crushing and the act of driving was fun as hell.

Ahh, no - Actually accomplishing something gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Taking a base. Triumphing over a rival outfit. Prying Amerish from the cold dead hands of the Vanu. Turning the world blue. Inventing new tactics. Successfully leading the conquest of a continent.

All of these things are accomplishments. Next to these things getting handouts for playing the game are garbage. What good is that? Why have that? It is unnecessary, and I did nothing to earn it. You want to give me rewards? Give me rewards for taking a base or a continent or resources. That's why I wrote up some in-depth ideas on that in the PS2 idea vault. You should go check them out. Good stuff in those threads.
And with this post, you've pretty much just admitted the only people your argument really concerns is... you.

Sorry, but I have to break it to you and your inner frat boy:

Your way of play isn't good enough for a lot of other people. SOE seems set on putting in that character progression and achievements you don't care for. I advise not partaking in that progression and those achievements if you're not interested. Problem solved.

EDIT: And I did read it. You even responded to my post (or did you make a new thread?)
EDIT#2: Oh pshhhh, I'm thinking of your other, similar topic on PS2 general. EDIT#3. Wrong place to be putting my opinions on those threads.

Last edited by EASyEightyEight; 2011-08-03 at 08:04 PM.