PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Reality check -- playing PS1 for the past three days
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-29, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Razicator
First Sergeant

Re: Reality check -- playing PS1 for the past three days

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
After a few hours today and yesterday I've come to the conclusion that TTK on infantry is definitely too high for my taste in this game. This is because aiming in Planetside is way too easy for it to make any significant difference. The only factors that make it harder are network lag and the inconsistency in how the game feels. The mouse control is horrible and sometimes it feels a lot faster than other times.

Smart movement is also irrelevant. It doesn't matter if you try to flank people or sneak up to them using blind spots, they all have audio amp and there's always enough time to turn around and return fire due to the high TTK and the fact that the weapons generally have pathetic range. You need to be really close to someone for a Jackhammer or even MCG to be effective, so there's a pretty big chance they will see you on radar, giving them the opportunity to turn it into an AADADADADA strafing fest and canceling out any plan for attack.

Spam is still completely out of control. It's never been different, but all of this reminded me again of why at some point many years ago I simply stopped caring about it and sat in my Reaver 24/7. There's just barely any skill in the infantry game in Planetside.
I like the TTK, it's higher than CoD/BF but lower than Halo. If TTKs were as high as Halo's weapons (outside of grenades/power weapons), then things would get much more crowded in tight spaces.