View Single Post
Old 2015-02-18, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: The Life and Death of Planetside 2

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
....Did you just quote Rumble? <3

Personally I like this one: "Experience lad, you should learn to appreciate it", -Kup

Couple things: jetpacks don't need shield diffusers. They just need entry points only they can reach (more easily than others) as a shortcut or bypass. Shield diffusers should be something purely for infiltrators. You then get two distinct ways of bypassing a shield: over or through, where the infil infiltrates directly and the jetpack takes a more creative route.

Tbh, I would have said remove jetpacks entirely or limit it to dependency units (like how the VS MAX, the only unit with backpack, couldn't enter buildings in PS1 and required the help of an unwitting enemy, mossie dropper or gal drop to open up access to the inside from the top), but hey.
Rumble rules
Exactly as you say one of the main philosophy of redoing the facilities into a proper infantry fighting zone would be to remove those easy access points into the bases and require more team work through the use of hackable shield doors and maybe the addition of shield windows, no more just leaving the place wide open for whoever the heck just wanders by.
I know what you mean about Jetpack class... even though I'm a filthy LA to the bone myself but since we have a marauder/skirmisher style class then why not go all the way.
Also since we have the Galaxy, Valkyrie & spawn beacons for by passing or going over as you put it kind of already doesn't matter that LA are in the game. Giving them a PSD would just give them another role to play.

As for the other posts so far, thanks all sharing your ideas. I would also love for DB to be able to wave a magic wand or large amount of money and hey-presto the game is fixed but unfortunately we all live on earth without the amazing nanites. So we need to start somewhere in PS2, I just thought if we make smaller scale changes to key parts of the game it could only benefit in the long run.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms