PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Naval combat
Thread: Naval combat
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Naval combat

TBH I would rather see space based combat than naval, as then you could have a space war, air war and ground war all stacked on top of each other.

Orbital strikes could only be called down by squad commanders if the relevant craft was in orbit, or even better just have them call for general fire support on an area and then artillery, bombers and large ships in orbit get a target on their HUD showing them where to strike; adding a bit of human error and skill into calling down strikes.

In space you could have them fighting for control of orbital stations, which would control drop pods heading for the land below.

Some of the space craft could enter atmosphere, and act as mobile bases hovering above the combat zone, while existing aircraft could head upwards into space and duel without ground pounders interfering. You could also have infantry being transported in Phantasms and Galaxies onto enemy ships, attempting to capture or destroy them.

Space combat would add an extra dynamic to existing fights, while naval will just spread everything out thin; I would like to see it, but I would much prefer space.