PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Mines staying active when switching class
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Mines staying active when switching class

Mine take a long time to put down and are removed quickly and there's a lot of down time between the two. I don't see a problem with planting mines and then switching to another class, you can't keep placing mines while that class just like you can't cloak even if you hacked the term your changing classes from as a cloaker.

Besides, how much rage will there be if you just finished planting a ton of mines but then you need to swap to MAX to help your empire against air? You can't switch because the mines will disappear but you want to help your allies. What I'm saying is that the engineer will feel short changed and pigeonholed into his role if he must stay as Engy to keep his mines from being removed.

Another situation is when protecting a deployed Gal. You drop your mines and then you want to help with AV work as a Rexo. If the mines are removed you're easy prey for tanks who engage from range.

Really feels like removing mines when class switching would be like removing run mode from MAXs. A massive crippling of the class as people want to be active not passive and will actively shun mines as it prevents them from playing how they want.