PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Mines staying active when switching class
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-07, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Re: Mines staying active when switching class

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Topic came up in the AGN regarding mines, and specifically if they should be kept around if you switch to a different class.

In my opinion, no they shouldn't. Mines are something engineers do, being able to lay mines is one of the points of being one. You don't get to stay cloaked if you switch to another class as a cloaker, and you don't get to keep your med app if you switch from a medic. Personally, I feel it would lead to an absolute ton of mine spam.

Mines do take a bit to lay out though, so I'd be perfectly fine with making them easier to deploy to compensate.

What are your thoughts?
I disagree. Mines are part of fortifications, and technically you switch classes when you die. They were never a major problem in PS1 except for the random minefield in the middle of nowhere because of an LLU run gone wrong.

Considering that Engineers are more of a support role, they shouldn't be forced into staying in that support role just to keep their work from poofing because someone else doesn't know how to hit the breaks.