PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Mines staying active when switching class
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-08, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
CutterJohn
Colonel

Re: Mines staying active when switching class

Originally Posted by Mechzz View Post
I don't see what is wrong with the PS1 mode of deployment for mines and other engy stuff.
The fact that everyone will have access to them. Its not so much of a big deal for everything else, since you can only do one thing at a time. If you're in a tank, that means you're not in aircav or a lib.

Passive defences might not be needed for hours after laying, depending on the flow of battle and being forced to stick as an engy simply to keep a few mines and turrets alive is too high a price to pay.
Then don't be an engy if you feel its too high of a price. Also, don't set up your mines hours beforehand.

I guess what I'm not getting is why people feel that being able to set up mines in a base many minutes before an attack on a base is necessary. Set them up around the lines while you're under attack. Being an engy should not be seen as a 'chore'. If it is, something is wrong. But I don't think it will be. You'll be setting up your mines and turrets, repairing them, using your AV weapon to attack vehicles(or your turrets), repairing other vehicles or MAXs around.

If thats not what you want to do, play another class and forget about mines, imo. Especially since then mines can be made more powerful/easier to set up, for those that do want to do it.

Last edited by CutterJohn; 2012-04-08 at 03:38 AM.