PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Vehicle Seats Question
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-13, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Tialian
Corporal

Re: Vehicle Seats Question

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
I'm fine with players being able to move to different seats. I do however think there should be a time limit on how long it takes for the player to swap and get in the firing position. Say like 5 seconds because that seems like a realistic amount of time for me.

I'll list below what I think is a acceptable time it takes for players to swap spots. This is just my opinion.

Galaxy: Allow players to move to all seats if needed. My reasoning behind it is you have a huge cargo hold in the middle of it. There is no reason you couldn't get up and walk to the other side. 5 sec timer on it. If there is a vehicle in the cargo hold extend the timer out 10 seconds. After all they gotta walk around that thing.

MBT's: Your sealed inside the tank with your crew. Even in todays standards if your gunner gets taken out your commander/reloader has the ability to assume that position. Put a 5 sec timer on it. If SOE goes back to the PS1 style of MBT's then the driver should not be able to move to the gunner spot. After all the driver seat and the turret are sealed off from one another if you look at the modern tanks of today.

Sunderer: Same as the two mentioned above. There is no reason why you couldn't get up and move to the gun if needed. Its a APC and the inside should be open. 5 sec timer on it.

Liberator: I don't have a problem with the Bomber moving to the tail gunner spot if the new lib is as big as the galaxy. I kind of look at it as a huge B-24 with the ball turret. No reason you couldn't scuttle back to the turret and assume the position. I believe the timer on this one though should be about 8 seconds. Its gonna take you a little longer to get into that ball turret and get the gun powered up. After all it was a cramped position for the old WW2 gunners.
This would be the perfect thing to have in PS2, and what would be even cooler is if there was an animation that allowed you to see through your vehicle so you could actually see yourself moving into a different seat.

If something like this can't be implemented though I would much rather just stick with vehicle enter/exit animations. Instantly switching seats is completely unacceptable.