PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-17, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rolfski
Major

Re: Warning, very unpopular opinion! Why kill-cam desperately needs to return

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
That really only relates to snipers and that's it.

AMSes still suffer, because AMS drivers are a rarity in a proper fight, and moving an AMS during that kind of fight is a blatant suicide. Moreover every second of an undeployed AMS is another second of people spawning further away.
Also while say a group of 6 defends against a group of 10, 1 suicide checker is enough to reveal their positions and weakpoints, viewed from the perspective of the very defenders, that ruins things.

Killcams only increase the pace of a game, forcing everyone to always be on the run. Now think carefully if that HELPS newbies or actually makes it harder for them...
Hardly an argument, if you kill people from your AMS location atm, it's already a dead give-away (red dots on mini-map and all).

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Here's how people learn in this game (and I can atest to this as I've been through training courses in my outfit). COMMUNICATE!
Bullocks, the fact of life probably is that most players don't run in an outfit, don't communicate or use a headset and just get farmed and need to go an insanely, ever-growing, learning curve to get an idea what kills them.