PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - NC already have the buff
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-20, 06:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: NC already have the buff

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
grass is always greener on the far side syndrome.

the vs with their overpowered medium range no-aim-no-friendlyfire heavy assault weapon were always whining about the jackhammer, completely ignoring that it was only usefull at point blank and wouldn´t even tickle enemys at a few meters of range.

the concept of tradeoffs never reached the purpleminded. if it´s overpowered, it should be vs exclusive! after all, we are the advanced alien faction and all others should get inferiour weapons. just stupid.

if you don´t like your factions set of possible playstyles, change to the other faction!
I liked how the VS played, and the empires were rarely so imbalanced that it was a big problem, but due to the nature of base fights it was very common for the Jackhammer to dominate base fights, and the Vanguards high splash damage was clearly the best MBT for spamming tower doors. Right there you have the other two empires at somewhat of a disadvantage in relationship to attacking and defending the only two capture point types in the entire game.

Again though, never was that big an issue, and the fact that base designs seem to be a lot better made this time around should mean PS2 has no repeat of this situation.

There just were too many things locked in with PS1 that could never change and would forever be slightly broken and we had to just live with. It seems like PS2 will have a lot more options for the devs to tinker with, so if the NC are balanced, great. If they are a little overpowered, tweak either them or something else (base layouts for example). If they are underpowered, buff them or change something else to help them.

While I have no doubt the community will always be bitching about some perceived imbalance, real or fictional, there will be times when things have to be tweaked for the sake of improving the overall experience. Hopefully the devs will be quick to respond to large issues and slow to react to minor issues. Also, hopefully they will be on the ball enough to never release something like Lasher 2.0 without more testing and taking into account more variables, fun as I may have had with it :P