PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Needs Prone
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-11, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #946
Ratstomper
Major

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Read what you wrote again. Because something is in the game you'd feel obligated to use it? If you need to use crouch, you use it. If you need to throw a grenade you throw it. Anything in the game that's added you will feel obligated to use if it's the right choice. Who cares if you'd rather be in a vehicle in a field. Some players might want to be out with rocket launchers in the rocks or vertically up in a tree. It sounds like you want the game balanced in such a way infantry can only be used indoors and vehicles are used all the time outdoors. If you ever played Planetside you'll know that isn't the case. I'd run around with a lancer all the time taking pop-shots at vehicles. If someone is using prone in a massive base, it's the same reason as using crouch, to get better cover in their current location or to decrease their accuracy threshold when taking shots.
I distinctly recall being fairly useless out in the open as infantry. If you weren't in a vehicle, the best you could do was shoot some AV weapons, but you would die pretty quick.

Furthermore, if you're going up against a tank or aircraft in an open area, that would be a really moronic thing to do and you should be blown to bits. Noone should be able to survive on foot in a vehicle fight by going prone. In all other areas where infantry can practically take on vehicles, crouching seems to be adequate.

I still fail to see how prone brings anything to the game that isn't just lame tricks.