PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Max Suggestions
Thread: Max Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-03, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Wahooo
Captain

Max Suggestions

Not exactly a new player's question, but i figured i'd sacrifice the traffic a thread would get in the general forum for the higher percentage of quality responses in this section.

I was just looking for input and peoples favorite weapons for running maxes, all three empires, AV and AI.

I didn't play NC enough to invest in Hacksaws pre-nerf, somehow I ended up with a grinder on the right. I know people talk about the Mattock as the new goto for NC maxes but I wanted to hear thoughts about what people run with and why. Same for AV on NC I've done almost nothing with the AV weapons and want to know what people like/don't like about the choices.

VS is kinda the same, but I haven't bought any second arm weapons. I've done well killing infantry with the default AV launcher but wondered what people thought about the newer one i've never tried. Also back when Mercy for TR and Hacksaw for NC were the hands down best choice was there a VS weapon that was kinda the unwritten default? I haven't even looked into the difference between the VS AI weapons, would love to hear some compare/contrast.

TR i'm pretty kitted out. But, the only AI weapon I have is the dual Mercy from way back near release. Once they got nerfed I couldn't decide if I should change or what others favor. Right now, unless i'm outside (and why would I use AI and not Fractures?) I am rolling with default HC on one arm and Mercy on the other. Anyone have preference for Onslaught or Mutilator, why?

I personally still like the pounder but the fracture's are just so much more versatile more often, if I had a 4th or 5th loadout spot I might use the pounder more often. Anyway and compare contrast of the NC/VS av weapons relative to the fracture/pounder would be good.