PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - GPU Accelerated Physx Confirmed?
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Re: GPU Accelerated Physx Confirmed?

Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I wouldn't want to try it. ATI drivers are bad enough without asking them to do other things :P
Nothing wrong with ATi drivers.
Many of the problems people have experienced with ATi cards have been a result of switching from Nvidia to ATi cards.

Why?
Same reason there are a bajillion times more dedicated 'Nvidia driver cleaners', because Nvidia drivers mess up systems..
Not speculation, not conspiracy; fact.

I roll AMD and I can't say anything about performance in the beta on my HD7970, but I will say that I have no intention of buying Nvidia.

Partly on principle, and partly because this beast of a card hasn't met a game that can break or even test it on maximum settings, yet.

It's a shame that AMD has the real muscle, but Nvidias team claw back sales by cosying up to developers for any exclusive treatment or crutches that will make them feel like they're on top.

As a gamer, it seems like they're the filthy ex who just wont disappear, who has to leave her stink around, trying to win over as many of your friends as possible just to spite you.
But you look at her, and the people who hang around her and just think she's pathetic.
She's the sl*t you leave for your wife.
And that's OK, you're young, sow your wild oats, play world of warcraft and call of duty, but some of us move on.

Move on.

I love you AMD, you're my number one.

Last edited by MaxDamage; 2012-08-24 at 01:00 PM.