PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - General PS questions before I buy
View Single Post
Old 2003-10-15, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Squick
Major

Does the 7 day trial allow me to register my account and then start the billing after the trial ends or do I have to purchase the game?

-You still need to buy the game, but I do believe you can just bill the $49 or whatever they are charging onto your credit card if you want to keep your character.

What are the benifits to each server, besides local and timezones? (Pop of each clan, mature and fair players, active Admins or devs, ect...)

-Emerald and Markov are the two populated servers for East and West respectively. One thing to keep in mind is Markov gets populated later then Emerald does because of the time difference.

Can VS hovertanks go over water?

-Yep

Can any other tanks go over water?

-Nope

How is server stability?

-Darn good

Is the infil suit still buggy? (Ive read of issues with people seeing you as you cloak and snipers picking you out at long ranges)

-It was back in the day, but not so much now. But you do also have to rememmber that EVERYONE has darklight now, so you must assume people can see you.

Does the game tutorial work?

-AFAIK, no. But the ingame Virtual-Reality training is fine, it lets you play with all the weapons and such.

Does flying have joystick support and do they handle like aircraft or boats?

-You can use your joystick, but it does not help much... This is not your game if you are looking for sim-like flight dynamics.

Is the game rather balanced?

-Pretty much so, the "balance pass" is going a long ways to balance things further.

Does the game force teamwork? (Does a well planned assault beat a zerg attack)

-No :/ This was my biggest dissapointment... "zerging" is the way to win in PS... You drop a bunch of AMSes near a base, and everyone runs in like mad cows, and numbers end up winning.

Is 512 megs of ram enough to run PS? (DDR 3700 one sticK)

-It will page like mad, but should not be unplayable... I was running a gig and PS alone took 833 megs of ram, which put some stuff in the page file. I upped it to 1.5 gigs and now nothing pages at all.

How many charactors am I allowed to have per erver?

-Four

Does the game have a steep learning curve?

-Not really, just dont shoot teammates.

Is there a third and first person view toggle?

-Yep, very usefull for when you are hacking, if you go into third person you can watch your own back.

Squick
Im sure I will think of more.