PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Need new Keyboard/Mouse for PS2!!
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-13, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Re: Need new Keyboard/Mouse for PS2!!

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Get a Quickfire Rapid if you haven't had a mechanical before. It may be ugly (or not, depending on your tastes), but Costar is the OEM and they're generally regarded as the best for mechanical keyboards. the quality-to-price ratio is off the charts, considering you're basically buying a Filco keyboard without the branding (check the prices of those and you can see why it's a nice deal). Make sure you read up on the various switch types and decide which you want (Cherry MX Red/Black/Brown/Blue).

If you're in the UK you'll have to wait 'til August for an ISO layout though (currently pre-orderable at Scan).

Mouse-wise, the most popular ones currently seem to be the Logitech G400 (an evolved MX518), the Razer Deathadder Black Edition (or the 3G V2 version, if you can tell you're getting that one specifically) and any of the Zowie mice.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if you use a fingertip grip then the CM Spawn is a possibility as well. Apparently the scroll wheel feels a little cheap, but otherwise it's supposedly great.

Rubber domes.
Finally, an expert! You know the Quickfire Rapid is my fallback if I don't like the K90... Regarding the rubber domes however, I really don't think that'll be an issue for me. I like the wrist rest, the 20 key rollover and the build quality.

Regarding switches, the k90 had red. The rapid can have either but in the UK usually comes with black. What would be your preference for FPS gaming (don't say blue)!