PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-16, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: Cockpit View - should it be forced? More options.

Whether other institutions choose to be consistent with their fairness is not a reason for PS2 to ignore it.

The things I want to see reduced are not the lower obstruction but the middle/side obstructions. I think a blind spot is good. But its tactical value is lost if it isn't consistently enforced. Infantry can't rely on being in a blind spot if it isn't a blind spot for some pilots. And every pilot with a brain would disable them, rendering the entire feature worthless. It would serve only as an idiot/newbie check. Not the result I think they are going for.

Considering they changed the flight HUD to move the speed/altitude indicators into the cockpit I expect it is not optional. They also said how they didn't like the "floating camera" aspect of flight from PS1. And since roughly 85% of the poll respondents seem to agree with forcing it I don't think you're going to win this one.

You could embrace it and learn to overcome the disadvantages that the obstruction provides and use it as a skill differentiator. That's something I heard many times as a complaint in PS1. This is opportunity for skill differentiation. That and games like battlefield have had cockpits for a long time with obstructions and people learned to deal with it.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-04-16 at 03:04 PM.