PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Indoor Spitfires
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-05, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly
Personally Spitfires aren't the answer. They only screw with a specific armor class, namely those with little armor to no armor. And that's if they are set up properly or linked with a motion alarm and an interlink.
I regularly take out agile/reinforced and MAXs with spitfires. Want to see something funny? Stick a Scattercannon MAX between 2 spits and watch him burn. He'll be lucky to blow one of them up before he's killed. Spitfires chew through armor just fine, they just don't live long enough to be anything more than a hindrance in many situations. Deployed properly the spitfire can do some good damage.

And the back door... what numb-nuts designs a military base, a fortress, with a back door like that? You have an open foyer, and one dinky little door that ANY soldier with a REK can hack in to. There should at least be an inside/outside hack system where the inside hack releases a blast door that covers that foyer.
I remember hearing way back when that they were planning on changing the backdoor so that it could only be hacked from the inside. I personally think that's a great idea still, forcing you to get somebody all the way through the base to the back door to let anybody in. At least it would take a little bit of strategy to get some numbers inside that way.