PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Tactics
Thread: Tactics
View Single Post
Old 2003-06-26, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Agathon
Sergeant

hee hee

Hello,

The fact that you only disagreed with one thing from that huge novel of a post is a compliment, right? <wink> <smile>

Yes, I know it isn't ALLLL New Conglomerate, but I was just mentioning it in the post because I see a lot of frontal attacks by NC zergs. It isn't a squad or outfit thing, and I think it is just a mentality of people to follow the masses--after all it is called a zerg!

No, my friends don't suck tactics wise, and I'm not in an outfit. The people I know IRL will make a small outfit and take on tasks needed for our small size. I don't want to be a number in a larger outfit. Besides, I've learned many hard lessons from EQ about guilds (outfits), and I don't plan to repeat them in PS. The best outfits will be populated by a majority of friends and family from IRL. This keeps them focused on the same goals, keeps the leadership well respected, and keeps the organization strong. Those are just my opinions though, and I have seen a LOT of good things out of many very large outfits on Emerald. I just don't want to be in them for a variety of reasons.

I thought of another topic which hasn't been addressed yet in this thread that the video posted on here reminded me of: Everyone should know the value of a jammer grenade. I rarely see them used by folks when they could be, and most people I know don't even equip them. People who don't know how to use them should spend some time testing them out! Tossing one at a phalanx turret for example, as in the video, is a perfectly good use for them. Tossing them at an enemy AMS surrounded by mines is another wonderful use for them. Cleaning mines from a bridge quickly while your vehicles are under fire is yet another. I think you get the idea!

8-)

Last edited by Agathon; 2003-06-26 at 01:43 PM.