PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Empire Specific Aircraft (Fighters)
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-09, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Empire Specific Aircraft (Fighters)

I'm not a fan of the Wasp in PS1, so while I thought air-to-air lock on weapons would be something I liked and would make dogfights even better, when it came out, I really hated it. I think part of my problem with it is that now when I see "lock-on" I immediately go into evasive manuevers. So just the lock-on has effectively become a weapon itself...at least against me. Even when I use the Wasp and I score a kill, it just feels cheap.

Maybe I would like it better if the lock on was just a little easier to break, or have some sort of counter-measure. I think back to some of the old school flying games I used to play like the X-Wing / Tie Fighter series where with good timing and the right tactics, you could increase your chances of actually making a missile miss. I would actually like it if the missles were "fire and forget" as long as I had an opportunity to avoid it other than just praying that the trees I'm flying through actually work.