News: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: some assembly required
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-07-01, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Re: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin

Hossin has been really fun the past few days. Lots of tactical options, nice bases and even nicer terrain...

As for the TR, speaking as a Dragonwolf, the fact that most run away when it gets interesting is not something new; it has always happened and aside from other, experienced outfits, the mob treat it like the "casual" faction since the first PlanetSide.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2014-07-01 at 05:05 PM.
Old 2014-07-01, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Maybe it's just that the weapons are more to my play style, but for me NC is definitely "hard mode", TR "medium", and VS "easy".

I just feel like I'm cheating if I play VS...
Old 2014-07-01, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Edfishy View Post
Maybe it's just that the weapons are more to my play style, but for me NC is definitely "hard mode", TR "medium", and VS "easy".

I just feel like I'm cheating if I play VS...
NC weapons are EZ mode. The only way to kill somebody between close and long range is to spray and pray. That's easy from one point of view.

EDIT: It is, to make a point, - range where VS suck the most imo.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2014-07-01 at 07:10 PM.
Old 2014-07-01, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
NC weapons are EZ mode. The only way to kill somebody between close and long range is to spray and pray. That's easy from one point of view.

EDIT: It's to make a point range where VS suck the most imo.
Nah NC are definitely hard mode, and its easy to see why. They made each factions guns have a trait, the NC hit hard the TR shoot fast the VS are accurate.

HOWEVER theres a major flaw here... to make it balanced they made it so all the factions guns do about the same damage (by this I mean comparing equivalent guns), as obviously it would be imbalanced as hell if a NC player who hit every shot was doing more damage than a VS player who hit every shot, there'd be no incentive to do anything but perfect your aim as the NC.

What does that do to the balance though? screws it even more! how you may ask? well I'll explain. The TR and NC guns traits are damage based, the increase the damage they deal through shooting more bullets or each bullet hitting harder, as such the TR and NC guns SHOULD be killing faster than any VS gun if every shot hits, but as I said, they don't. So what does that leave us with? a trait which is irrelevant.

What about the VS though I hear you ask, they have a trait too, accuracy, is that also irrelevant? Well no, because their trait is accuracy, and for balance the guns will kill in more or less the same time if every shot hits, of course the TR and NC guns don't hit near as much as the VS guns do as the VS guns are tailor made for hitting more often.

The result? VS guns are by far the most powerful and easy to use, if you p practice as a NC/TR you will eventually learn to compensate for the recoil and hit as much as a VS does but you need to spend much more time learning the guns to get on a level playing field.

So in conclusion, yes pro players will be killing each other in about the same time because the pro NC/TR players have finally learnt to compensate, the pro VS players however never had to learn this so they've been fighting at the effectiveness of a NC/TR pro for much longer and theres much more of them fighting at this level.

So yes the NC are hard mode, they require much more time to learn there guns, it is "harder" to reach a high level of accuracy. The VS guns having little recoil and bullet drop are "easier" to reach a high level of accuracy.

And I wont go into the scythe being thin as paper, magrider side stepping rockets while bypassing gate shields by afterburnering over cliffs and the MAX which has a similar TTK as the NC MAX at close range but has about 5x the range.
Old 2014-07-01, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post

EDIT: It is, to make a point, - range where VS suck the most imo.
If by EZ mode you mean more likely to die than the guy you just surprised at medium range, sure.

Old 2014-07-02, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

I don't really understand how one could say that they're EZ Mode while in the same breath stating that the the only way to kill someone with them is via spray-n-pray. Emphasis on the "pray" part, inconsistency in a weapon's abilities =\= EZ mode.
Old 2014-07-02, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Can't explain it, I just enjoy playing with VS weaponry more. Considering nearly every weapon in the game is a carbon copy of one another, that says something. I go back to NC weapons and it's like, "Oh... oh god no!". Again, could just be my way of playing is incompatible with my faction.

Personally I'd like to have more asymmetry between the faction weaponry, with VS weaponry behaving more like Halo's Covenant. NC weapons shouldn't necessarily be more damaging, but cause short-lived secondary effects like concussion, fidgeting the enemy's aimer, etc.

/rambling on something unrelated to continent locking and hossin
Old 2014-07-02, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
I don't really understand how one could say that they're EZ Mode while in the same breath stating that the the only way to kill someone with them is via spray-n-pray. Emphasis on the "pray" part, inconsistency in a weapon's abilities =\= EZ mode.
It is called sarcasm: you don't really have a learning curve with spray and pray, so it's easy to learn, thus "easy"-mode.
Old 2014-07-02, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

I see.
Old 2014-07-04, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Aren't there easy-mode guns in every faction that can be modded to be even more easy mode? I thought those were available in every faction.

Anyway, I am SO glad they are finally moving on with this continent and the locking system.
Old 2014-07-04, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Aren't there easy-mode guns in every faction that can be modded to be even more easy mode? I thought those were available in every faction.

Anyway, I am SO glad they are finally moving on with this continent and the locking system.
And soon, Nanites!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion