Every Outfit Decal: - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's three in the morning. GO TO BED. Nerd.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-06-11, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Do not piss of the Poodle of Freedom! She will smite you!

And I hate Neomatrix so very much for picking that. Man I hope he changed it >.<

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-06-21, 05:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
WhiteBear
Private

hmmm...

I gotta admit, it's great art, but having the decals the same color scheme as the vehicles/uniforms isn't too smart. They just blend in and are difficult to differentiate from any other mapped texture.

Try complimentary colors...expand the palette Worst case scenario, there's 256 of them! use the other 250
Old 2003-06-21, 06:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Thrik
First Sergeant

Actually they stick out rather well.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-06-21, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
BrileyPS
PlanetSide Artist

Hey guy's, just saw this thread about the decals, and thought I would reply. Thanks to those that said that they liked them, I spent a good long week getting them replaced with the old decals we had in game, as many didn't like them. There is a limited amount of logo's, as texture budget is something we were concerned about, along with the fact that I can only draw so fast The decals actually do stand out from other mapped textures pretty well white bear, and using complimentary colors arent possible, as other teams are using those colors. Also, having player created art causes alot of problems, either the fact that if you do use player art, every player then feels his art should be in game. Or the fact that your dealing with 3000 players, compared to 32 players such as in counter strike, making every player have to download anothers outfit decal, slowing things down So needless to say, I'm fine with creating more outfit logos, if I am assigned to do so. But there is alot more things on our list to do, that I think you guys might appreciate more...hehe, and no I won't give you a hint to what those are. Hope this clears up some questions, and I'll see you guys in game.
Old 2003-06-21, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Hamma
PSU Admin

The decals are great

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-21, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Great to see you post on this thread, Briley. I understand too well the limitations you have to work under. The decals are pretty damn fantastic and the variety is great. But could you please explain the thinking behind designing this one?

Old 2003-06-21, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Revenant
Yea, what's the deal? There was suppose to be 100's if not 1000's?

But those are way more kick ass then I expected

But what happened to those ones that you use to see on Hamma's outfit? That yellow and black slanted lined hazard thing?

And I remember seeing a skull with a pair of wings behind it on a MAX from an old screenshot.

Oh, and:

*NC and VS soldiers run in terror*
"It's the l337 poodle clan!!! Run! RUN!! "

That's funny. I saw the Hulk last night and theres this giant mutated killer poodle that tries to kill the Hulk.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2003-06-21, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
XanderZane
Private

There should definitely be MORE DECALS. At least 200 - 300 would suffice I think. Just having 10-15 isn't enough at all. It would be cool if they provided a DECAL MAKER so you could create our own and upload it into the game. That would be SWEET. I'm sure someone would go overboard though and start adding sexual icons to their decals.

Xander
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-06-21, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
BrileyPS
PlanetSide Artist

The poodle is a outfit decal that we had in the game from before, along with a few that I didn't design personally. A few of us on the team thought that the poodle was a humorous logo, and that people would appreciate it. I have seen people in beta, and in the game now, running around saying "FEAR THE POODLE!" hehe, so some seem to appreciate it. Games like DOA have logos that you can create, but it has a set template of 16 colors, so you wont get much detail in the logo, but will get a wider variety. But again, even if we have something in place, that would still be something you would have to download, and personally I like the logos that we went with Hope this helps answer some of your questions further..talk to you guys later.
Old 2003-06-22, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
EarlyDawn
Major General

Behold the glory of Frente de Libertia's emblem.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2003-06-25, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
BrileyPS
PlanetSide Artist

Hamma, you really should post this as a sticky....as I think it's cool to see all of the outfit logos in one place (and yes I'm being biased in wanting this) But nontheless I would appreciate it. Or maybe put it up in a section on the art side...since I still see some people using old art..you know who you are...let the old Planetside art go, and come into the new shiny art we made for you Thanks
Old 2003-06-26, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is going to be a content section for this as soon as we finish psu 2.0

Old 2003-07-03, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hamma
PSU Admin

http://www.planetside-universe.com/c....php?mod_id=31

Old 2003-07-03, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

El typo captismo-

Terran Repbulic should be republic.

See, I'm all kindsa handy.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-07-03, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

I think that if outfit leaders submitted their own decals they would have to be a certain size ala the sigs and avatars here at PSU, and would have to meet certain cleanliness guidelines. I'm just hoping that soon we can get the recocnozable (and kick-ass) ND symbol on our gear and rides.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion