Gamebreaker.tv covers latest PS2 vid - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-13, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

Re: Gamebreaker.tv covers latest PS2 vid

I'll be the community manager. Where do I sign up?
Old 2012-01-13, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Nobel
Master Sergeant

Honestly, I agree with this Video and I think that only good things can come from (what I see) is the weakest part of the Planetside 2 Process so far.

The Devs are GREAT at interacting with the Planetside Veterans and those that love this game. So far though, I feel that they havent been able to convey the proper feeling to people who have never played Planetside, or arent particularly excited yet.

Even though this was placed on a site in China with a very different audience; however, as Higby said once its on the internet it is everywhere. This is a BIG reason Planetside 1 failed, failure to permeate the market from a marketing standpoint. The more pressure put on SOE here... the better.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

HD Version uploaded.

Old 2012-01-13, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Tasorin
Staff Sergeant

Cut rate show is cut rate.

Those guys are clueless. Quite frankly all they had to do was a search on youtube to find the AGN monthly show to see the Higby stream where he gave us 3 hours of inside access to formulate a totally different opinion.

Reviewers that don't do there homework only lend credence to the fact that they shouldn't be listened too and that there reviews are suspect. Just ask EuroGamer about that when they gave DFO a 2 out of 10 and we trolled and stomped them into the ground for months over doing such a shitty job reviewing a game.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Nobel View Post
Honestly, I agree with this Video and I think that only good things can come from (what I see) is the weakest part of the Planetside 2 Process so far.

The Devs are GREAT at interacting with the Planetside Veterans and those that love this game. So far though, I feel that they havent been able to convey the proper feeling to people who have never played Planetside, or arent particularly excited yet.

Even though this was placed on a site in China with a very different audience; however, as Higby said once its on the internet it is everywhere. This is a BIG reason Planetside 1 failed, failure to permeate the market from a marketing standpoint. The more pressure put on SOE here... the better.
that´s the reason why most of the interviews are given by higby! he is the best in advertising the game so far! and in the last interview we read, he even managed to point out the differences to other shooters and why the world is waiting for ps2 (even when the world is not aware of it yet)

and i agree that the footage may have been pointed to an asian audience with a different mentality than us or europe. maybe the style was especially tweaked for that. it´s time to get something similar especially for our mentality as well, to prevent more ranting like in that coverage.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-01-13, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Shogun
Contributor
General

yes! finally hd!

the stare is still there, but at least the quality of forgelight shines through now!

somebody going to comment on that gamebreaker video? put in links to the hd footage there!

Last edited by Shogun; 2012-01-13 at 12:22 PM.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Raymac
Brigadier General

Fraking HD version makes the gameplay look beyond amazing. I...cannot...wait!!!

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-13, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

It's kind of unfair to criticize the talking in this video because it was intentionally slower than normal, over-enunciated since it was directed at a non-native English speaking population. When we go to China we always have to be careful to talk a bit slower than normal and it's tough to make that seem natural. I think that's the main issue that these guys are picking on, and it's valid, but theres a explanation for it.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Gamebreaker..I dont mind it. Gary does a great job with the webcasts.

But they really dont know anything about this game, they briefly talk about it like once every 3 months. And they did not know this video was for a Chinese viewing audience.

Its ok guys. Planetside 2 will blow all of this away

Last edited by Tigersmith; 2012-01-13 at 12:51 PM.
Old 2012-01-13, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
It's kind of unfair to criticize the talking in this video because it was intentionally slower than normal, over-enunciated since it was directed at a non-native English speaking population. When we go to China we always have to be careful to talk a bit slower than normal and it's tough to make that seem natural. I think that's the main issue that these guys are picking on, and it's valid, but theres a explanation for it.
see? it was especially made for the chinese audience!
thanks for stating this, higby!

now we wait in anticipation for a video made for us!
to show those gamebreaker guys their stupidity ;-)

Old 2012-01-13, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Brokinarrow
Corporal

That's what I figured was happening. Honestly, good Sir Higby, I think you should get with the guys at GameBreaker and other similar net shows at some point to get the word out for Planetside 2, pass along new gameplay footage to sites like those as well as our site here. As the host at GameBreaker said, he IS really excited for the game, but as he isn't one of us hardcore Planetside fans he's not on this site to get the quality info that we've been getting.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

I felt pretty bad for Josh because I have seen him in videos before and he may be less expressive than you and T-Ray but he's not a creep. I know that there is some sort of stereotypes that exist about us bug eyed freaks over in China which I don't fully understand so it seems more likely that he was instructed to do it. Another possibility is that he had just consumed WAY too much coffee to try to recover from Jet Lag.

Thank you for getting it released in HD!

Last edited by Tapman; 2012-01-13 at 04:16 PM.
Old 2012-01-13, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
EVILoHOMER
Major

Lets be honest though, SOE has never been known for good trailers and my friends who don't play MMOs always point out how bad they look if I show them. I really don't get why SOE follow the same format every time they make a EQ2 trailer. Big letter flashing up with game play inbetween and some cheesy licensed music.

Like I linked in another thread, this is how you make a trailer a trailer to make people excited for the game...

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/li...red-dead/63316

What SOE normally does is makes a bad trailer that no one takes much notice of and the few that do just laugh at how bad it is. Even though this is in Japanese (I think) it got more of my friends excited for EQ2 than any SOE trailer did http://youtu.be/-ZuA_q6jbNA

I'm not saying this to insult people at SOE or anything like that. I want to see Planetside 2 be a hit and just need to point out that you need to make a trailer like that RDR one that shows the strengths of the game. You need to get footage of mass scale PVP and explain the tech to make sure people understand just what Planetside 2 is about.

The marketing for Planetside 2 has been so bad that I see a lot of comments of people saying this will just be another boring F2P FPS. People think Planetside 2 is instanced and small scale like Global Agenda or all them crazy Asian F2P FPS games.

I just hope SOE realises that marketing is everything, if it is bad then Planetside 2 wont sell.
Old 2012-01-13, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Crazyduckling View Post
Amazing. I don't know if this was pointed out when the original was found but at 0:47 the one guy left standing, with the yellow backpack, looks to be either a infiltrator/recon or light assault cause that weapon has a barrel that has a striking resemblance to a sniper rifle.
Old 2012-01-13, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Johari View Post
Amazing. I don't know if this was pointed out when the original was found but at 0:47 the one guy left standing, with the yellow backpack, looks to be either a infiltrator/recon or light assault cause that weapon has a barrel that has a striking resemblance to a sniper rifle.
I think you are right. If you watch, it has a very slow rate of fire as well.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion