No AMS's in ps2 ???????? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It BURNS!! AH!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-21, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: No AMS's in ps2 ????????

Nothing like someone using the word "I" hundreds of times -instantly killing any chance they may have gotten us to pay attention otherwise.

I liked some of the aspects of AMS'....helpful if placed carefully in a CY before a major base attack ensued. Sure. Anyone who played any amount of time could either flat-out "sse" the obvious.....as troops appeared our of nowhere....or red dots poured out of "nowhere" - on one point on their map.

AMS deployment was a bit of a game of cat-and-mouse. Boring for most ?
Sounds like it.

Some seemed to embrace the role - at least when needed. An AMS that lasted more than 5 minutes in a significant hot area required more than blind luck.

Despite the rants or claims by some people who know-and-see-all .... before true firsthand experience verifies their advanced wisdom and asumptive reasoning abilties.....before a new game mechanic is seen or used.....chill is indeed the proper form of restraint best observed.

We really do need to give it a chance. It might not work at all, or it likely (at the very least) will need tweaking.

The Flamers and Ego-Trollers won't kill my feelings for PSU. If needed, HAMMA will do what's best for the community. Too many good cats here to let one or two spoil the barrel.

I liked AMS' in PS1. I'm not against the new mechanics (yet). They're trying to improve the game. I'm wait-and-see on this game. I prejudge it too - can't avoid it. I have to force myself to not go too far (rant) without factual experience to draw from.

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-03-21 at 05:09 PM.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Zulthus
Colonel

I'll be honest, I liked the community more before the new guys started flooding in. Not all of them of course. But most of them.

All most threads are now is who has a bigger dick than who.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
I'll be honest, I liked the community more before the new guys started flooding in. Not all of them of course. But most of them.

IMHO, there are at least a dozen (or so) guys here who stand head-and-shoulders above the rest.
Any one of these guys complains to Hamma, and I think their opinion will hold great influence with him.

All the more reason for cats like you to stay active here. MOST guys here "get it".

If a few noobs who are professional Trollers can throw us off.....that's a reflection on us.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Hamma could get a bit overwhelmed. If so, he'll have to get his Ban-Hammer upgraded. Have Faith that this community will stick together while insisting that certain minimal levels of civility and openmindedness are never undervalued.

I still feel like a "new guy" here....and I like that feeling. I have great respect for the cats who've been here a long time, have great passion and game skills, are highly opinionated, yet are still not assholes.

It ain't hard to be cool. Problem is, that the internet makes it too easy to be an asshat for ones own lowly self-consumed entertainment.

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-03-21 at 05:25 PM.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Hamma
PSU Admin

Feel free to report anyone you feel needs to be reported. Infractions are offen issued and just not seen. And 3 infractions equals a ban.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-03-21, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Graywolves
General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post

It's not only new people. But the number of "I'm smarter and know more than everyone else" posts are becoming too frequent.

I think once information is less speculative we should see stability again.
Old 2012-03-21, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
It's not only new people. But the number of "I'm smarter and know more than everyone else" posts are becoming too frequent.

I think once information is less speculative we should see stability again.
I share the feeling.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Roradan
Corporal

skitrel clam down man i just wanted to see what people thought about no ams's and if they would be missed. no need to get mad at people, let them say what they say just geting mad show's your immaturity. yes it will be different in ps2 beta. but just pointing something out about how useful the ams was is no reason to get all worked up. can we talk like grown men/ i don't know if your a woman and pms'ing but if so iam sorry.
Old 2012-03-21, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Roradan
Corporal

Originally Posted by TacosWLove View Post
There is FLYING AMS's now? How could you not be satisfied?

Sure they dont cloak, or drive, have a big red sign on them that says "shoot me", but gawd damn they sure do fly!
yes but doe's that make it easy bait for a air outfit ? that has 30 aircraft ?
Old 2012-03-21, 10:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Roradan
Corporal

Originally Posted by TheRagingGerbil View Post
The AMS mechanic in the original PS sucked, it really did.

I for one am excited for the new "Galaxy Mobile Station" from hence fourth known as the "GMS." Especially with the new terrain with all of the vehicle choke points and inaccessible space.

As for the lack of cloak... I am waiting to see what toys our engineers get before crying that the new GMS is broken. I am envisioning the GMS landing and deploying. An engineer immediately deploying an Aegis Shield Generator, motion sensors, mines, etc. At this point we effectively have a much more capable FOB than the original AMS.
no one is crying the gms is broken, yes we could have some cool shit to defend it with but simple saying it will be wide open to air attacks and that's just saying when you have 1000's of people playing on one cont then you will get 20 30 man air outfit's doing knowing but own ground unit's so a cloak i think would help when the gms is deployed like the old ams. just a thought ?
Old 2012-03-21, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Roradan
Corporal

Originally Posted by megamold View Post
in my mind they are doing this because they want the mobile spawn point to be further away from the base.
like over the nearest ridge rather then 10meters away from the backdoor.

i think this also ties in with the probability that bases will have less chokepoints ( in relation to a walled in base with just a front and backdoor )
in wich case having the AMS would cut out any real battle for the "courtyard" of that base.

so the gal spawning would make actually taking over the "courtyard" more fun engaging and challenging in a good way, rather then just create a giant bottleneck.
you make a very good point you got me thinking ill get back to you when i have debated what you have said but still very good answer
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-21, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

If the classic AMS is needed all they would need to do is add a "cloak when deployed" utility upgrade to the galaxy. Fairly simple to add I imagine. Maybe they'll experiment with it but this is something that seems very hard to predict how it will play out. Seems easy enough to give the galaxy cloaking when deployed if it needs it due to beta feedback.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Raka Maru
Major

AMS was my main ride. As I've said before, I will miss it greatly. Would love to see its return, but will give the gal a good try before passing judgement.
Old 2012-03-21, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
HalfManHalfGod
Private

I'm thinking the galaxy is going to be pretty awesome with hefty AA and AV guns. Its not gonna be easy to take one down with a couple people defending one.
Old 2012-03-22, 05:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Roradan View Post
skitrel clam down man i just wanted to see what people thought about no ams's and if they would be missed. no need to get mad at people, let them say what they say just geting mad show's your immaturity. yes it will be different in ps2 beta. but just pointing something out about how useful the ams was is no reason to get all worked up. can we talk like grown men/ i don't know if your a woman and pms'ing but if so iam sorry.
Really? What?

I stopped posting in this topic 3 pages ago. I told him not to personally attack me, then ignored him when he did so again. That is the very definition of what someone that wants to act grown up does. Pointing the finger my way in contrary to the behaviour that occurred for the following 3 pages of the thread is hilarious.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
Old 2012-03-22, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Kran De Loy
Captain

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
If the classic AMS is needed all they would need to do is add a "cloak when deployed" utility upgrade to the galaxy. Fairly simple to add I imagine. Maybe they'll experiment with it but this is something that seems very hard to predict how it will play out. Seems easy enough to give the galaxy cloaking when deployed if it needs it due to beta feedback.
By the way, that would be pretty f'ing sweet. Imagine the pilot flying high over long distances but once he gets 1 or 2 km from the target he goes down as low as he can to use hills and canyons for cover to get as close to the base as he can without getting detected before he can deploy and set the cloaking field. While the pilot is controlling the Gal he's got someone in the back with the map open giving him guidance instructions to keep under cover as long as possible.

I think I just wet my pants just thinking about a Gal drop of all things.

Edit: Oh sh*t! Alternatively without the Cloaking Field there could be a hot drop kind of mechanic sidegrade for the Gal that all it does is let the pilot use after burners to KILL momentum. Oh man, Then you see entire Gals nose diving for the base then immediately before they'd crash they'd turn up and burn everything they have to make a hard landing and deploy..

I think I just crapped myself too!

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-03-22 at 05:19 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion