Hamma and Jenny - now that you are home from SOE.. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is that a Boomer in your pocket? Can I hold it?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-23, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Hamma and Jenny - now that you are home from SOE..

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Hey Hamma, we've got your jaws FedEx'd to you, it took us a while to dig them out of the floor to send back too yall!
Thank the SOE staff he really wouldn't have look the same at AGN.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Artimus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Honestly I am kind of stuck along with Jenny until next week.

What I can say is that this game definitely feels like PlanetSide wrapped in a newer modern shell. The engine is truly a thing to behold in the flesh and the variety of combat locations as compared to PS1 will make for some crazy battles the likes of which we never saw in PS1.

I had the opportunity to drive and fly just about everything (including MAXs). My plan is to try and articulate it better to you guys on AGN than I ever could in text, but I will certainly write up something to accompany our video interview next week.
Thats all I needed to hear
Old 2012-05-23, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Hey Hamma, we've got your jaws FedEx'd to you, it took us a while to dig them out of the floor to send back too yall!
Hamma better paid for the damage, we wouldn't want our precious development money not going into PS2 :O
Old 2012-05-23, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Are you referring to Jump Pads I would assume?

My concerns were put to bed in that regard there really are not that many of them around. Additionally its one of those things I think more people in beta will help us to if its a good idea or not.
Groovy. Just wasn't sure how specific you could be.

So far, everyone who has seen the game first hand has been pretty taken with it. So considering how cool the devs have been, I'm going to keep not worrying much about some of these details. Shit will get ironed out in beta.

Thanks for the info Hamma, and I look forward to more. Awesome to have one of our own get such a close look.

Make sure to put that jaw on ice.
Old 2012-05-23, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

My concerns were put to bed in that regard there really are not that many of them around. Additionally its one of those things I think more people in beta will help us to if its a good idea or not.
EVERYONE CALM DOWN Hamma is okay with them.

:P
Old 2012-05-23, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Roy Awesome View Post
EVERYONE CALM DOWN Hamma is okay with them.

:P
We can't CALM DOWN until i found out if my questions have been/going to be asked
Old 2012-05-23, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
waldizzo
Contributor
First Sergeant

Thanks for the info Hamma. Looking forward to your summary which will hopefully lower the amount of speculative freaking out people do on these forums.

Yeah that'll never happen.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

You have to love freaking out as it's all part of the hype for this game.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by waldizzo View Post
Thanks for the info Hamma. Looking forward to your summary which will hopefully lower the amount of speculative freaking out people do on these forums.

Yeah that'll never happen.
Based on the reaction to most of the new pieces of information we've gotten (TB's footage most notably), I think it's more likely there will be even more freaking out after Hamma's reveals.

What will it be this time? Who knows! But it will be a hoot watching the forums go crazy (yet again).
Old 2012-05-23, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Stardouser
Colonel

Option number 2 please, let's be ready to fight against them in the beta if people start playing peek-a-boo or using them to constantly stream into enemy held portions of bases.

As for "not that many of them around", hopefully there is no jump pad equivalent outside of main bases.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Logri
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

I love how this game has me hyped up making me log in the forums and twitter whenever I have a minute to spare, watching alpha footage (TB, Highby) over and over again.
And I'm not even being sarcastic now.

I know what I think about every 7 seconds...

All your base are belong to us... eventually.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Logri View Post
I know what I think about every 7 seconds...
Sexy time in Planetside 2!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-05-23, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
Option number 2 please, let's be ready to fight against them in the beta if people start playing peek-a-boo or using them to constantly stream into enemy held portions of bases.

As for "not that many of them around", hopefully there is no jump pad equivalent outside of main bases.
For all my talk of "it'll probably be fine" or "the devs currently know more than we do about subject x" in a lot of discussions, I fully intend to exploit the hell out of every game mechanic I can think of, and once I find a broken one I'll keep exploiting it and reporting it until it becomes well known and/or gets fixed

I just tend to give the devs quite a bit of benefit of the doubt until I see reason to think otherwise. But there's no reason that the entire community should be that way. That kind of homogeneity would be boring. But what we should all do is give each element a fair chance to prove its worth in beta, and then exploit it and expose it if it proves unworthy.

But in the meanwhile, since we don't have the luxury of hands on experience, it's more fun to pass the time with:

speculation speculation speculation speculation speculation
Old 2012-05-23, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
For all my talk of "it'll probably be fine" or "the devs currently know more than we do about subject x" in a lot of discussions, I fully intend to exploit the hell out of every game mechanic I can think of, and once I find a broken one I'll keep exploiting it and reporting it until it becomes well known and/or gets fixed

I just tend to give the devs quite a bit of benefit of the doubt until I see reason to think otherwise. But there's no reason that the entire community should be that way. That kind of homogeneity would be boring. But what we should all do is give each element a fair chance to prove its worth in beta, and then exploit it and expose it if it proves unworthy.

But in the meanwhile, since we don't have the luxury of hands on experience, it's more fun to pass the time with:

speculation speculation speculation speculation speculation
I was thinking more along the lines of raping the jump pads until people stop using them. I mean, it's going to happen when the game releases, best to get it started in beta so they can do something about it.

The only question is, can we get it started as soon as closed beta? Closed beta won't be that many people, hopefully some jump pad skeptics manage to get in.
Old 2012-05-23, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
I was thinking more along the lines of raping the jump pads until people stop using them. I mean, it's going to happen when the game releases, best to get it started in beta so they can do something about it.
Sounds good to me. Of course, that particular endeavor will probably just help the devs iron out how to keep players from getting raped every time they use the jump pads. But as you say, that's going to have to be sorted out before the game launches anyways.

Whether that involves removing jump pads or improving their design is another matter.

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Haha, I don't think that will be much of a problem.
Considering that one poll was split pretty evenly between people who liked and disliked jump pads, even if a ton of PCGamer beta invites went out to non PS1 players, I'd say you'd still probably have at least a quarter to a third of the playerbase being opposed to them going into it. Maybe higher.

Yep, no problem.

Especially if you get a lot of players like me who like the idea but want to try to break it anyways.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-05-23 at 09:07 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion