The Neuro Report - Certifications - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Drive like you stole it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-09, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #76
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Re: The Neuro Report - Certifications

Bah! Grenades are awesome enough for their purposes, but I only want tactical explosives on my Engineer's tac-rig. I can't wait to see what other toys we Vanu Demolitions Engineers will get to play with!

~Zachariah
Old 2012-06-09, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #77
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Robotix View Post
During the TB/Higby dual-commentary, they at one point showed some cloaking device certs for the Infiltrator that you don't have listed here.

At 1:23 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onvySU5NkFo

Cool to see some of the Engi certs finally (Sticky grenades <3). Now I want to know what a Charger Grenade does, though.
I'm not surprised, actually. They didn't have the multiple Skyguard turrets, nor all the customizations we saw in TB's footage. I think they might have pulled some stuff out after deciding they didn't like it, or maybe they cut some of the things out so that people could see the general amount of certs each class would have on release.

I'm not sure, though. Would be interesting to find out.

Also, for some reason I'm imagining the charger grenade as a giant AA battery that you throw at the shield generators/friendly troopers to restore energy to the shields

EDIT: Ah! Forgot to say thanks for the info. Nice job, Neuro!

EDIT 2: C4 grenades for the Light Assault? Interesting. Also, healing or revive grenades? Even more interesting.

Last edited by TheInferno; 2012-06-09 at 10:33 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-10, 01:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Hard to tell whats going on in there without tool tips, each of those segments unlocks different stuff typically...
Can you explain how stuff like yaw speed, acceleration, braking, damage, accuracy, etc is not raw power increase?

Or are those certs really optional upgrades of which we must choose a subset and cannot have them all at the same time?

If it's like Battlefield where you unlock a huge set of perks but can only use 1 of them then it looks fine, but at first glance it appears EVE-like where you get raw bonuses for training that are permanent and always-applied.

Can you clarify which it is?
Old 2012-06-10, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #79
TheInferno
Staff Sergeant

I'm not Higby, but I think this falls under the certification slot thing like weapons have, where only one is available. They mentioned that earlier, didn't they?

I could be wrong, though. I'd need to check the livestream footage.
Old 2012-06-10, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #80
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Some things are upgrades, some are sidegrade unlocks.

Things like vehicle handling or ammo capacity are small linear upgrades, and filling them all out will hypothetically make someone deadlier.

Some things are sidegrades, which offer items that are optional but often have a trade-off or compromise. 2x scope vs 6x scope, frontal armor vs side armor vs top armor, auto-repair or flares (I think that was the choice), those are sidegrades. However, effective use of sidegrades will further increase someone's effectiveness on the battlefield by giving them more versatility for particular situations.

A maxed-out soldier being 20% (it was 20% right?) more deadly than a default soldier is a rough number, but don't live on those words. It is impossible to objectively say X is some % better than Y unless all the other factors are isolated, so the whole 20% thing is a subjective balance that the devs are trying to achieve.

Remember that skill comes into effect too. If I maxed out a character, handed it off to a noob who has only played a week, and hop on a new account to battle them with... I'm still gonna kill them. They don't know how to use all the sidegrades effectively, they don't know all the maps and specific areas, they don't have the techniques and tactics and muscle memory. They may have better certs, but it isn't enough to save them from being killed across Auraxis by someone with experience and talent and no unlocked certs.

Kind of a rant.... oh well :P
Old 2012-06-10, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #81
MrMorton
Sergeant

so what does IFF stand for?

specifically, did anyone try out the iff nades/device
Old 2012-06-10, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #82
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

I think that the 20% figure they've been mentioning can be seen here in some of the certifications that increase damage, range, or accuracy. If each block offered, for instance, a 5% boost, then all four of them would ultimately provide a 20% boost to that value, whatever it was. Higby said that for the weapon certification, you need to "choose" it at your loadout screen. So do you want to have 20% better accuracy? or 20% increased range? Etc.

IFF generally stands for "Identify Friend or Foe". I'm not sure what that would do; scramble enemy radar? Could be very interesting. But then again, this GAME is very interesting.

~Zachariah
Old 2012-06-10, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #83
MrMorton
Sergeant

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
I think that the 20% figure they've been mentioning can be seen here in some of the certifications that increase damage, range, or accuracy. If each block offered, for instance, a 5% boost, then all four of them would ultimately provide a 20% boost to that value, whatever it was. Higby said that for the weapon certification, you need to "choose" it at your loadout screen. So do you want to have 20% better accuracy? or 20% increased range? Etc.

IFF generally stands for "Identify Friend or Foe". I'm not sure what that would do; scramble enemy radar? Could be very interesting. But then again, this GAME is very interesting.

~Zachariah
thanks, after looking at the interview posted above, you can see when he mouses over the iff device, its a device that reveals enemy positions, emp drains shields and decloaks other infiltrators, and I assume scrambler does the opposite of iff

I really am drooling over all the cloak choices, especially the stalker cloak, which appears to basically be the equivalent of "cloak'n dagger" from tf2
Old 2012-06-11, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #84
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

I posted this image for folks in chat, so I figured I'd share it too.

Nebula VM20

Each weapon has its own certification tree, so purchasing this would make it available to equip and use on a VS MAX.
Old 2012-06-17, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #85
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

I'm just looking forward to learning more about each Cert. Leaning pretty hard to Eng or Medic... i'm the usual support guy.

Old 2012-06-20, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #86
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

I've put a lot of this on the PSU Wiki. Wish you had more shots of your mouse over some of the cert levels so that the box showed what the effect was. Great stuff though!
Old 2012-06-20, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #87
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
I've put a lot of this on the PSU Wiki. Wish you had more shots of your mouse over some of the cert levels so that the box showed what the effect was. Great stuff though!
Great stuff, I'm glad that this info has been helpful. All the tooltips are subject to change, so it may be better ti wait a few more weeks til we have the official list. (Though with the NDA I dunno how much we can edit / update the cert and tooltip list)
Old 2012-06-20, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #88
Duce
Private

C4 Grenade for the Light Assault? That sounds awesome.
Old 2012-06-28, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #89
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

I wonder how much of this is going to be the same in Closed Beta, and how much will be completely redone... We already know ammo is being switched from Light Assault to Engineers (I think that's where it was decided to go) but I wonder if more will be added, if more levels will be available, etc.

We'll know soon!!
Old 2012-06-28, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #90
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
We already know ammo is being switched from Light Assault to Engineers
Well the thing is no dev has actually come out and confirmed that the ammo box is being moved from the LA to the engineer..AFAIK
In the E3 presentation video it simply said that engineers "can supply ammunition." This is what has spurred the community to believe the LA's ammo box was moved to the engineer. However this could be in reference to their deployable MAST...mobile armament supply terminal.

Frankly I'd rather have the ammo box on the LA for beta. I want to test it out first in beta before forum theorycrafting regulates it to the already utility saturated engineer.

Last edited by OutlawDr; 2012-06-28 at 06:54 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion