News: E3 Roundup Update and Awards - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Admin Powers: the Admin that shagged me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-12, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

Re: E3 Roundup Update and Awards

ya honestly this game when it actually launches is going to make people go holy f'in ####

i fully expect people when they actually get in there and play to go call of duty what? oh f that crap lol. i mean honestly i can't praise the devs enough cause for all the praise that cod and bf3 have gotten as of late lets be honest this game just looks like it's gonna squash it like a bug. the team is doing everything right atm to get the name out there and show it off. the direction they are going this game should have a long shelf life imo. all they have to do is balance weapons and keep em in beta the same as launch and leave them that way. don't cater to people screaming nerf. just say this is how it is and how it's going to stay. and just expand upon the land and give us maybe naval type battles/vehicles and maybe even space type battles on space stations. something that just expands upon the environment and this game will seriously be flawless. i've seen too many games die because of game balance. i think the vets will already be able to iron out balance in beta and they just need to ride it out. also the dev math will support whether or not one faction over time is overpowered if it appears so they can ninja the numbers just a hair here and there while still in beta. ps has a stellar community of players and long time fans. i'm sure with their input from 1 to 2 this game along with the dev team input will make a fantastically balanced game for us to enjoy.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
mbarrett
Banned

It's about time this game got some reconition , well done to the game developers . It is well deserved . I'm getting tired now of waiting for beta , i bet I'm no the only one
Old 2012-06-12, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
kidwithstick
Corporal

I noticed in the paragraph from gamerlive they mention the game shipping in 2013. Untill now, every projected release date was for this year (2012)

Just wondering if they got some info that maybe the majority of the community didnt hear or if they are just misinformed.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
ArbitraryDemise
Corporal

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-12, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
Matt can you please echo to your management that Maggie and Clegg did a fabulous job. From what I have seen it's more or less a core role for you and Josh as facemen for this project and well T-Ray is just T-Ray, always cool. Both those 2 new comers did a fabulous job especially since they were contrasted against a game review vet like TB.
Super proud of Maggie and Adam, they did both do fantastically, especially considering they basically got dropped straight into the deep end having to do live casting with very little experience. Naturals!
Old 2012-06-12, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SGTalon
Contributor
Sergeant

Well as a guy that ends up having to talk about the stuff he builds every day, i can say it is a lot easier when you love what you are doing.

It is very obvious how much the team loves PS2. I think that it is one of the things that is going to set the game apart from the other great ideas that had poor execution.

So many games would have been better if there were enough people that loved the game and the genre driving the boat.

Virtual Hitmen - www.vhm.guildlaunch.com

TR for Life!
Old 2012-06-12, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheBear
Private

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Super proud of Maggie and Adam, they did both do fantastically, especially considering they basically got dropped straight into the deep end having to do live casting with very little experience. Naturals!
Damn right. I sent them multiple messages to that effect... I was really happy that the spent time pounding in the finer points of the game. Especially when Maggie repeatedly explained how Planetside really pushes for team play by nature.

The people I've met in this game, the outfits I've been lucky enough to play with have been the thing that has me craving the Planetside experience.

They did a fantastic job, I thought they had prepared for it.. it surprises me to hear they jumped in to it on the spot!

Again, great work.
Old 2012-06-12, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Very nice! Gratz on all the hard work
Old 2012-06-12, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Synapses
Sergeant Major

I will be the first to say probably... but TB's voice drives me INSANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I can't stand his normal not loud to OVERLY STUPIDLY LOUD way of speaking. I literally ended up just muting all of the footage while I watched because I cannot for the life of me stand him.

But otherwise... AWESOME job at E3 PS2 Team!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion