Crux - The elite air combat outfit [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where outfits AREN'T clothes.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-06-21, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Boof
Private

Misc Info
Crux - The skilled air combat outfit [NA EAST]

Our History:
Hello, my name is Boof (Boofed, TheRealBoof) and I was previously recruiting for the Planetside 2 outfit "Crux." In Planetside 1 I was a Blue Lion Senior Officer and held 6~7 years of experience under my belt. I enjoyed my time with the Blue Lions conducting ops, dropping from galaxies, and vanguard raiding. I always felt something lacking, though, and that was some serious air raids.

The outfit Crux is no longer in existence. As I entered college as a freshman I realized I would not be capable of running an outfit all by myself as well as keep up on my studies. I have decided to rejoin the Blue Lions who have a capable air cavalry. If you are interested in joining the Blue Lions' air cav division, you should read this quote:

Close Air Support (CAS)
While functioning as Close Air Support, Air Cav will focus on strikes against enemy units that are in relative proximity to our own forces. These strikes will typically be conducted on request from ground forces. Ideally this function will be performed by Liberators or Rocket-pod armed reavers, though a sufficient number of gun-only reavers can provide limited CAS. Under certain circumstances, these strikes may be performed on installations or targets that are a significant distance from friendly forces. This still falls under CAS however, as the targets will be relayed from command units on the ground.

Combat Air Patrol (CAP)
Combat Air Patrol is a squadron of aircraft deployed to protect a target area, friendly ground force, or friendly asset such as an AMS/Sunderer. There are several types of CAP missions, but this role will fall entirely to reavers as liberators are not well suited for the necessary air-to-air engagements while flying this type of mission. To maximize response time and effectiveness, CAP missions are flown with flight wings at different altitudes to provide both high and low altitude coverage.
- Taken directly from the Blue Lions forums

If this interests you, I highly encourage you to join up with them! You can access the forums by requesting registration in a forum post once you create an account.

I apologize for letting everyone who was previously in Crux down. I really would have liked to see us all in the sky and have our own truly epic moments. However, my studies have to come first -- before video games.

Yours truly,
~Boof (Boofed)

Last edited by Boof; 2012-11-26 at 10:32 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Pine
Private

Re: Crux - The elite air combat outfit

Much love for Blue Lions. I spent many hours were-in SG and BL worked together, as stated mostly in Gal drops and rolling armor. Blue Lions has always presented itself as very professional and skilled.

Pine, Sturmgrenadier
Old 2012-06-24, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Were you, or will you be starting with, any elite pilots from PS1? Having run such a clan in PS1 it was my experience that great players tended to seek similar players and unless you had a few aces in your hand to start with it was hard to attract them. Or put another way, calling yourself elite doesn't make it true.
Old 2012-06-24, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Boof
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Were you, or will you be starting with, any elite pilots from PS1? Having run such a clan in PS1 it was my experience that great players tended to seek similar players and unless you had a few aces in your hand to start with it was hard to attract them. Or put another way, calling yourself elite doesn't make it true.
Thanks for your reply, you've given me something to consider :P. My hope for Crux is to recruit up to 20 people and start flying right off the bat in beta. There we'll learn how to fly well because we will have devoted most of our time to it. I don't feel that PS1 pilot experience will make any difference at all in PS2 because the flight mechanics are so different.

I figure that those who want to fly will fly a lot and for those people there's an outfit named Crux.

edit: It seems I never answered your initial question. No, I won't be starting with any PS1 aces nor do I know any. However, I might be starting with one or two former Blue Lions who have just as much experience as I do.

Last edited by Boof; 2012-06-24 at 11:39 AM.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dart
Second Lieutenant

I wasn't intending to degenerate the idea at all. In fact since i expect DT to again be an air based Outfit i look forward to seeing Crux out there. I also applaud your desire to be elite, but ultimately it will come down to the players you recruit. As i was discussing with a new VS ol a few days ago, if you really intend to be the best you must be selective in recruitment. That means establishing a very high standard and trialling recruits to ensure they meet it. I understand better than most how difficult it is to get an elite clan off the ground, particularly in a game like PS where there are already established to quality clans who'll be looking to take your best members.

If i were you I'd get my friends and make your 'core' excellent then establish your rep (as MirrorBOY and i had to) because then the good players will come to you! At that point your recruitment procedure takes over and you select the best of the best. If i were to start over with the desire to create a top clan that's how I'd do it.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-06-24 at 12:41 PM.
Old 2012-06-24, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Boof
Private

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
I wasn't intending to degenerate the idea at all. In fact since i expect DT to again be an air based Outfit i look forward to seeing Crux out there. I also applaud your desire to be elite, but ultimately it will come down to the players you recruit. As i was discussing with a new VS ol a few days ago, if you really intend to be the best you must be selective in recruitment. That means establishing a very high standard and trialling recruits to ensure they meet it. I understand better than most how difficult it is to get an elite clan off the ground, particularly in a game like PS where there are already established to quality clans who'll be looking to take your best members.

If i were you I'd get my friends and make your 'core' excellent then establish your rep (as MirrorBOY and i had to) because then the good players will come to you! At that point your recruitment procedure takes over and you select the best of the best. If i were to start over with the desire to create a top clan that's how I'd do it.
Shit, MirrorBOY brings back some unpleasant memories :P.

Yeah I figured that it will be difficult to get this off the ground. While I want Crux to be somewhat elite, I also want it to be somewhat open. I'm shooting for somewhere in between - not too elite, not too selective. I will be thinking of ways to make it so my pilots don't suck and there are enough of them to still have an outfit.

I really want to be open to aspiring flyers as well and help train them up so they can fly with us. I think the best decision with that would be to disallow them from flying ops with us until their mentor (one of the better pilots) has approved they are fit to fly with us.
Old 2012-07-01, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Boof
Private

Misc Info

We are still open to anyone who wishes to join us in the sky.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Boof
Private

Misc Info

Now you can join me in PlanetSide 1! I managed to regain the old account I shared with my brother username is "boofed"
Old 2012-07-22, 01:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Slavgaard
Private

Re: Crux - The elite air combat outfit [NA]

PS1 vet (well..played 2003-2005) and love to fly. Got on for the 'free' play but as my old Terr(boo)

I am looking for a all flying outfit (first thing I plan to do when I get into beta is get a Reaver and see how it goes with the new setups) and I loved being a gunner in a Gun gal or Lib.

I will be playing under this name (Slavgaard) I have an extra key too (got in with 1-vet and 2 PC gamer key) so I have 1 more given by Higby

Originally Posted by Boof View Post
I really want to be open to aspiring flyers as well and help train them up so they can fly with us. I think the best decision with that would be to disallow them from flying ops with us until their mentor (one of the better pilots) has approved they are fit to fly with us.
Everyone is going to be a rookie flying from what was said on all the interviews I have seen. We ALL will have a learning curve since they said that the planes NO NOT fly like in PS1

Last edited by Slavgaard; 2012-07-22 at 01:52 PM.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Masta Chief
Private

Sounds very cool. Love all of your ideas, especially about the formations.
Old 2012-07-30, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Boof
Private

Misc Info

Everyone is going to be a rookie flying from what was said on all the interviews I have seen. We ALL will have a learning curve since they said that the planes NO NOT fly like in PS1
You're right :P What I meant was in the future when other pilots wish to join. Perhaps people who couldn't make it to the beta.

I'll certainly have you down on the list for Crux! Thanks very much for voicing your interest
Old 2012-07-30, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
xSKYxHAWKx
Private

I would sincerely like to join your outfit. I have never played Planetside 2 before and I hope this doesn't amount something that will disqualify me from your faction. I am very interested in the flight mechanics in PS2. I have flight time in Combat Flight Sims (PC) and (mostly) BF3 (xbox 360), so I have a general idea of dogfighting and strafing tactics. I hope you consider me for your outfit.
Old 2012-07-31, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Slavgaard
Private

Originally Posted by xSKYxHAWKx View Post
I would sincerely like to join your outfit. I have never played Planetside 2 before and I hope this doesn't amount something that will disqualify me from your faction.
no worries on that...NO ONE had really played it (not out of Tech beta...closed Beta invites (as of right now) have not gone out yet). I expect there are no more then a few hundred that got in the Tech beta...so if you don;t have a beta key..will be a wait...for those of us who are vets and have a PCgamer key as well...we wait.
Old 2012-07-31, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
xSKYxHAWKx
Private

Indeed. Are they planning to let pretty much anyone who applies for a beta key in, people who meet certain computer specs, veterans, or what?
Old 2012-07-31, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Slavgaard
Private

From what I heard...#1 PS1 vets (Active then inactive) #2 PCgamer key #3 twitter key #4 open beta in that order
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate