News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 24 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't say mole...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-26, 03:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #346
Dubious
Sergeant

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Looked like a Trailer for a MOVIE, not a GAME...
a little dissapointed and not epic at all..
Old 2012-07-26, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #347
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

[troll]

Oh wow!
Halo 4 isn't out yet and they already release a Halo 5 trailer?!

[/troll]

Don't get me wrong: this trailer looks cool, and will probably catch some attention.

But hell, that's not Planetside 2, and that's disappointing the fan inside me.

I'm a NC player, but I think it's too bad that there is no TR action, and that most of the trailer revolves around a single NC guy.
The teaser about the professionals, the rebels and the nerds visionaries made me expect the same amount of attention for every empire... Well, that's a miss.

I know it has been said on here before, but I'll just say it again: it wouldn't have hurt to show 20 seconds of glorious TR action, and to focus the trailer more on teamplay and less on a single Rambo with a jetpack.

Now, I'm just curious to see how gamers who aren't PS1 vets will react to it.

Last edited by Sabrak; 2012-07-26 at 03:03 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #348
Rabaan
Corporal

And that's all i got to say about that
Old 2012-07-26, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #349
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

I thought it looked really nice, was fun to watch. But didn't really capture the essence of Planetside 2.. And I hoped to see a release date as well, didn't expect to but it would be nice. However there's alot of things to do in beta so that'll have to wait.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #350
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

The TR got completely obliterated throughout this whole trailer.

Perfect. lol

I do think that as a planetside fan they went a little over the top with all the jumping from aircraft to aircraft rambo stuff but to an outsider I think this trailer will definitely generate a ton of interest which is what it's meant to do so SUCCESS!!!

It definitely was epic and awesome to watch I just hope people aren't dissapointed when they play the game and realize their experience will be nothing like that NC soldier singlehandedly shafting the entire TR army with legolas like style.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #351
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
Most people complain about the little focus on the TR, the different classes, the scale or the teamwork. All of those are very lacking in the trailer, and any viewer will get no idea about that.
That's what I'm talking about. The TR are in nearly every frame of the first 2 minutes of the trailer and yet people say they are barely in the trailer. No. They are just getting beat in this trailer because the protaganist happens to be NC. It's a cinematic, so it's telling a short story.

Different classes? We see them all. Sure the focus is on Light Assault, but the trailer makes a point of clearly showing each class except maybe engineer (perhaps the tank gunner).

The scale? 0:43 and 3:10, not to mention the protaganist fights his way across a huge battlefield and lands in a huge base.

Teamwork? 0:42 or 1:30, not to mention the entire purpose of the protaganists mission, setting up the drop marker.

Like I said earlier, I am reading a ton of armchair quarterbacking. People had their own preconceived notions or ideas of what kind of trailer they would have made. Now I'm not trying to convince anyone to like something they don't like, but every complaint I've heard so far is either sour grapes by the TR or armchair directing.

Old 2012-07-26, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #352
KALU
Master Sergeant

SO MANY TROLLS!

I am lost for words please go away all of you, something like this takes allot of money and time.

They did a BRILLIANT JOB! Hands down!

ITS A TRAILER not an accurate depiction of game play FFS!

Its made to pull interest!

Last edited by KALU; 2012-07-26 at 03:13 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #353
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Psi View Post
Again. An NC coming and saying that we're overreacting. Take note of that.

But for your second paragraph, there were several trailers, each one had a different victor so it balanced out and made everyone look badass. So unless we get another two trailers, this is pretty lopsided.
Thanks for making my point. TR butt hurt. You want an actual GAMEPLAY trailer to make you feel better like some Preparation H? Here.

An NC was the protaganist in this story. Get over it.

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-26, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #354
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I think the essence of what they were going for with the trailer was to capture the sort of gameplay experience you might have in PS2. It's epic, you're in a big firefight, you might do some john-woo-style-over-the-top heroics, reach your objective and then let your team drop in. And how does it end? Your killstreak is eventually stopped when you least expect it and the battle shifts with the appearance of another empire just when you think you're on the edge of victory.

You follow one guy through his battle, just like you might play a single life in-game. And as Clegg pointed out, artistically it's all one take from the point he appears on the cliff to where he gets stabbed. So one life - one take. I like how they expressed that.

Though I do admit I'm a tad disappointed they didn't show TR as more than a minor annoyance. And the one TR that actually put up a fight gets crushed between two galaxies...ouch. I was hoping to see some TR hot-dropping galaxy action, perhaps setting the stage for the NC player to go on his rampage.

But I don't think the point was to show each empire, it was to put the viewer in the shoes of a typical "life" in PS2, complete with all the epicness, the massive battle, and getting to occasionally be the hero of the day from time to time instead of a stain on the camera lens.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #355
Phazed
Private

I`m actually not to butthurt about the lack or TR representation ... and no getting blown up continuously is not representation but look at that assault on the plant, they show valiant defenders not just heads to be shot, huge difference which could have changed the whole view of the trailer to less rambo more tactical team shooter
Old 2012-07-26, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #356
Satexios
Sergeant

TR4Life
Old 2012-07-26, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #357
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
But I don't think the point was to show each empire, it was to put the viewer in the shoes of a typical "life" in PS2, complete with all the epicness, the massive battle, and getting to occasionally be the hero of the day from time to time instead of a stain on the camera lens.

I didn't see the trailer like that, but it's an interesting point of view.

Except that most of the epicness we see in the trailer won't be in the game.
But that's what trailers are like, I guess.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #358
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well, if you're worried that TR were obliterated - protagonist wouldn't be a protagonist if he got crushed straight away... If you haven't noticed - loads of NC were basically ripped apart (one even literally) by TR.

EDIT: Also can someone HELP me already, pweeeeeeeze?

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-07-26, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #359
stordito
Staff Sergeant

this is the trailer for the TR full-length Movie: Planetside 2!
Running time: 9-10 years
Plot: Tr kicking asses and ruling auraxis
Old 2012-07-26, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #360
HEISTT
Corporal

I think the trailer was great. Giving the NC and Vanu more "air time" might influence the preferred faction of new players. I have no problems at all with more meat to put my bullets in.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion