Liberator Changes, Jump Jet Fix & Crown Tweaks - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We have a nail for that Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-15, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Liberator Changes, Jump Jet Fix & Crown Tweaks

I'm sure most of you saw this - but if not! (from last night)

Edit: Added to Media:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/media.php?view=2263

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-01-15 at 12:07 PM.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rockit
Banned

Re: Liberator Changes, Jump Jet Fix & Crown Tweaks

I couldn't see much in those crown pics but are they trying to make it less defensible? I mean I see the extra tree and footpath changes in the other 2 but what in general are they trying to achieve?

Last edited by Rockit; 2013-01-15 at 12:11 PM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-01-15, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
whisenhunt
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
I couldn't see much in those crown pics but are they trying to make it less defensible?
Trying to clean it up, keep it from being an absolute death trap for certain factions that were having issues due to the lay of the land (small tweaks, big impact in some areas)

Professional FPS commentator, retired 13 year competitive FPS gamer.

PlanetSide 2 Game Designer.

Twitter: @JimmyWhis
Old 2013-01-15, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rockit
Banned

Originally Posted by whisenhunt View Post
Trying to clean it up, keep it from being an absolute death trap for certain factions that were having issues due to the lay of the land (small tweaks, big impact in some areas)
Alrighty, I am sure we are all anxious to see how it turns out.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

What is the new tree's name?
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-01-15, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

The biggest change here is the spawn room moving from being on the outside to the center. They basically swapped places with the building next to it.

This means the spawn room is now more protected and closer to point A and B, if anything the crown might now be MORE defensible. We shall see.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-01-15, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
whisenhunt
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
What is the new tree's name?
I asked the designer that made the changes and he said:

"Clauss: What is the old trees name? I want to make sure we don't mix the names up, they are related, we'd hate to cause any problems."

So, what was the old trees name?

Professional FPS commentator, retired 13 year competitive FPS gamer.

PlanetSide 2 Game Designer.

Twitter: @JimmyWhis
Old 2013-01-15, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Reginald. The name is derived from the Latin Reginaldus, which translates roughly to "hides two heavies comfortably".
Old 2013-01-15, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
james
Sergeant Major

Any details on what the lib changes will be
Old 2013-01-15, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Wahooo
Captain

Well the before pictures have it owned by the NC, and the after picture have it owned by TR... so already there is something a little backwards about this.

So... is the spawn IN the tower? I don't like those spawns... I thought the Crown spawn was one of the better placed in the game as far as vehicle protection. I all the building changes around the previous spawn but don't know how to interpret them.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
LONGFELLA KOJ
Corporal

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
Reginald. The name is derived from the Latin Reginaldus, which translates roughly to "hides two heavies comfortably".
You sir just got 2 extra points for this comment. lol. Very nice.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Assist
Contributor
Major

You guys should do all your base changes like this. Where's Waldo style, maybe even throw in a TR zebra for good measure :P

Also I don't think this changes crown fights much until the infantry render distance is changed. Right now the biggest problem with the Crown fights are actually seeing the enemies that are blowing your armor to pieces. Once the armor gets destroyed by rockets that you can't fire back against, then the attacking infantry tries to move in and gets destroyed by the defenders when they finally render they're standing at the top of the hill directly above your head.

Fix that issue and then the base design at the Crown will matter more.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Wahooo View Post
Well the before pictures have it owned by the NC, and the after picture have it owned by TR... so already there is something a little backwards about this.

So... is the spawn IN the tower? I don't like those spawns... I thought the Crown spawn was one of the better placed in the game as far as vehicle protection. I all the building changes around the previous spawn but don't know how to interpret them.
If you go from the South side of the Crown, where the spawn room is, directly north to the otherside of the Crown, there are 3 buildings in a row that are *almost* connected. The farthest south is the spawn room, then a middle room, and then the building on the north side. The spawn room moved from all the way on the south side of the crown to the middle of those three buildings.

So no, it's not in the tower.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rockit
Banned

Yeah but it moved it closer to the vehicles coming up the hill which yes you guessed it makes it more tank spammable now and could make taking the crown easier. But, as arclegger said it is closer to 2 control points. Guess we will see how it turns out.
Old 2013-01-15, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
Yeah but it moved it closer to the vehicles coming up the hill which yes you guessed it makes it more tank spammable now and could make taking the crown easier. But, as arclegger said it is closer to 2 control points. Guess we will see how it turns out.
The older location for the spawn room was a huge deterrent for attackers because they couldn't run up that section with newly spawned defenders rushing out. Now people will have to actively defend that side. If there's windows looking out there now(down the south hill) then it's still very defensible. If not then I think it will make attacking much easier, although it will be much easier to respond to enemies that are up on the Crown. I'm guessing the intention of the changes is to have more of a fight AT the Crown, rather than all around the Crown. Now the defenders still have a fighting chance if the attackers get a sunderer on top. Assuming it's a good spawn room with more than 2 doors. (please make one like the Zurvan outpost spawns)

I think one of the best changes they could make for these type of bases is bring back Galaxy AMS(Squad/Platoon only). If they bring that back I think it would make balancing base and adding more defenses to bases much easier. I fear now that if they make all these base changes and then add back in Galaxy's being useful, it will change the balance of the bases quite a bit.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-01-15 at 01:02 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion