Something I've Always Wondered.. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: if you get burned don't come crying to me
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-05-30, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: Something I've Always Wondered..

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
Ask yourself this: how many CN player names can you remember after looking at their names?
there was kissboy .... mimi used to hate him
Old 2013-05-31, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Figment
Lieutenant General

Aside from PlaMingYue *who speaks basic english and has decision influence in PLA* and AutobotCN (might be a number in there), tbh I can't recall many.
Old 2013-06-25, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
IronMole
Sergeant Major

DisposableTixue, I think it was spelt?

He was fun on command chat. I remember him telling us that he likes to fuck dogs...
Old 2013-06-27, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

DisposableSphinx
Old 2014-03-01, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
GodlessHeretic
Private

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
The TKing thing is something that started between anti-CN Markovian US players and the CN players. The Chinese that came to the euro server (PLA) actually tried to get away from the American server due to the rather unhospital attitude to foreigners there (as European too, you often got insulted there by the kids, tbh).
As someone who played through the "CN plague" as i like to call it, i can honestly tell you my disdain towards them had nothing to do with culture or ideology. Simply put, they played like shit-head zerglings. All day. EVERYDAY. IN ANY WAY. If there were enough of them on, they would simply steam-roll an entire continent/planet. It was just not possible to fight them.

The NC CN were by far the worst. Before they showed up, i think the largest group of BFR's i'd ever seen was maybe three. After they show up? A dozen Peregrines, if not more, all bearing down on one base. This doesn't include the numerous Vanguards that followed them or the Sparrows and Skyguards that accompanied the Vanguards. When all of this was assembled, they'd shell an entire base until nothing could venture outside...after that? They'd die in wave after wave of meat grinder-esque infantry floods, which was the most disappointing of all, at least to me.
Old 2014-03-01, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
SgtMAD
Captain

edit-I should have read the first page before I posted-again

Originally Posted by GodlessHeretic View Post
As someone who played through the "CN plague" as i like to call it, i can honestly tell you my disdain towards them had nothing to do with culture or ideology. Simply put, they played like shit-head zerglings. All day. EVERYDAY. IN ANY WAY. If there were enough of them on, they would simply steam-roll an entire continent/planet. It was just not possible to fight them.

The NC CN were by far the worst. Before they showed up, i think the largest group of BFR's i'd ever seen was maybe three. After they show up? A dozen Peregrines, if not more, all bearing down on one base. This doesn't include the numerous Vanguards that followed them or the Sparrows and Skyguards that accompanied the Vanguards. When all of this was assembled, they'd shell an entire base until nothing could venture outside...after that? They'd die in wave after wave of meat grinder-esque infantry floods, which was the most disappointing of all, at least to me.
as someone who lead the Markov NC,I can tell you first hand what the CN brought to the table when they showed up and started playing.

the CN took an empire that was undefeated in every SOE run event that was ever held,I am talking about the old Monolith Events(which we would dominate with scores like 28-0 over the three day mono events or kill an entire VS poplock in the basement of Eisa during the Run For the Guns event)and destroyed the cohesiveness that we had developed and maintained for the prior two years,we ended up having CN that wouldn't listen,they would attack stupid useless targets,screw us all over in the process.

we tried to explain and show them repeatedly how and why we did the things we did and they would just ignore all of us in /C and counter-global orders that were given by proven leaders and agreed on in NC /C beforehand.

so ppl got sick of their shit pretty damn quick after that.

to summarize, the CN showed up,refused to work with anyone and became a huge pain in the ass,so we fucking shot them.

after that a bunch of us Markovians moved to Emmy TR and formed MARKOV to raid the Mono event that SOE was running on the big screen at the '05 E3 event,we beat the other empires so badly the first day they all went on the forums and called us cheaters and quit participating in the event LOL

Last edited by SgtMAD; 2014-03-01 at 09:00 AM.
Old 2014-03-01, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

None of the things I disliked the CN for were personal. I just liked winning and we won much less with them around. On the bright side, I had tons of fun farming them on my TR/VS alts.

Old 2014-03-01, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Huntsab
Sergeant

MARKOV outfit were a lame spawn camping maxfit.
Old 2014-03-01, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Skittles
Sergeant

My only complaint w/the CN and other Pan-Asian influences were that they would continuously over flood an empire. If they went NC on Monday. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE of them would be NC. To the point where pops would skew to like 70-20-10. They'd ride that for like a week, then the next week they'd ALL go TR or VS and again skew the pops to completely ridiculous percentages.

Where the enjoyment was for them when doing so was/is beyond me, but that shit used to drive me to drink.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion