WTF TR and VS? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can we put flame decals on our ships?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-12, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
FireWolf22
Sergeant

Have to agree LoneHunter it can be turned around, but last night was a perfect example. The VS held Amerish, Esamir, Oshur. TR held Forseral, and Ceryshen. The NC held Solsar, start in on Forseral, We were pushed back off Amerish during the 1.5 hrs I played last night. On Searhus, VS held 3/4 of the bases and tr 1/4, then all fighting stopped and the VS moved to Cyssor. On the third tr home cont(can't remimber the name, the north desert cont) the TR owned 3/4 and the VS 1/4, then all fighting stopped there and the TR headed to Hossin. We held Solsar for that 1.5 hrs. It was like the TR and VS were okay with getting an even split then calling it off. Maybe it's still just us bitching, but that was how it looked. Not saying alliance, don't want to point any fingers and this been a coincidents or happenstance, but it sure as hell looked like something. You decide what.

Last edited by FireWolf22; 2004-02-12 at 09:11 AM.
Old 2004-02-12, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

it's as much fault of the NC as it is the Tr and VS
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-02-12, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
FlakMan
Colonel

We've been picking on the TR for a while, it's the NC's turn

[-collection-] [-wishlist-] [-muse-] [-mars volta-] [-devart-] [-ljournal-]
Old 2004-02-12, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

thats wrong, the TR attack amerish all the time, it happens atleast twice everyday
Old 2004-02-12, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I always refer to Amerish as the Seventh ring of Hell.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-02-12, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

Well gues what, us and NC teamed up once on Markov to kick the Vanu out of Ish, once that happened, we kicked you guys out too, then you got pissed and all three of us fought on Cyssor.

Hmm some happy family

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2004-02-13, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
FlakMan
Colonel

Bugger, we're talking about Emerald, not Markov

[-collection-] [-wishlist-] [-muse-] [-mars volta-] [-devart-] [-ljournal-]
Old 2004-02-14, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Kyonye
Contributor
General

yeah this is in Emerald forums, not markov. anyway, the TR were getting creamed up until the patch. i was barely seeing vs and nc fight. maybe like up to 4 weeks before the patch did i see real fighting between nc and vs. yeah they fought here and there but not much.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2004-02-15, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

So many times i seen the Vanu move up north on ish and then the NC come from the south and push the TR off and fight eachother for it.

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2004-02-15, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
BDMJ
First Sergeant

If the TR defended ish properly, you wouldn't see as many double teams on it. The NC is double-teamed on cyssor so regularly due to failure from the top down with regards to defense.
Old 2004-02-18, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Fencer
Private

Originally Posted by SandTrout
Do you guys even know how to attack each other any more? ever since the new pop-caps, it seems that all you ever do is attack the NC's home conts.

I look at the map lately, and the NC home conts are underatack, and maybe searhus if the NC happen to hold it, but no TR are caping bases on VS home conts, and the VS aren't caping any bases on TR home conts.

Its realy becomeing rediculous. I haven't seen Cyssor blue since the last patch.
That's what you happens when you start making a million and one gloat posts about how bad ass you think you are, everyone wants to rip you a new one. It's not that TR and VS work together, we just now both hate NC more just like VS and NC used to hate TR more than anything.
Old 2004-02-19, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

Originally Posted by BDMJ
If the TR defended ish properly, you wouldn't see as many double teams on it. The NC is double-teamed on cyssor so regularly due to failure from the top down with regards to defense.
So how would you defend Ishundar? Given these factors:
- Two "Massive Enemy Force" indicators, one south (Cong) and one north (Barney)
- Broken terrain between the north and south (no easy routes)
- TR Sanctuary WG that is a good distance from the main line of resistance
- Exceptional enemy air interdiction on 90% of the roads
- TR CR5s who can't decide if they want to defend Ish, go north, go south, run to Amerish, or pick their noses

I usually will not stay on Ishundar any more when the two empires decide to hit us there simply because it frustrates me when our forces are squandered in senseless deployments, or worse - they simply aren't told what to do at all. Doesn't mean I won't stand and fight if given the chance. The Dragon Wolves have decided to Alamo a few times for the sheer glory of it, but as for hoping to halt the offensive once its started?

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-02-19, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
BDMJ
First Sergeant

The most successful defense begins before the continent is unlocked. If it is unlocked, and the double team is occuring, the only way to defend ish would be to hold the NC at bay in the south (the drive to enkidu is murder for armor) while using the enkidu link to back hack the vanu tech plant. The defense must start early, and decisive action must be taken the second the call to defend is made.
Old 2004-02-19, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I would tend to agree. We have talked about that before, and funny enough, we came to the same conclusion you just did. Sadly, we just can't muster the numbers, nor the attention needed to follow that game plan. Maybe someday!

Edit - when I say "we" I mean within the CDL.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-02-19, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Do I get a cookie?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion