The Lodestar - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Missing Mosquito, last seen near body of water.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-25, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
FraudulentBob
Sergeant Major

The Lodestar

looks like a big toaster
Old 2003-11-25, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Let's see if it's in a certification bundle that is as mighty as the Lodestar's hull. If it comes with Galaxy, it will be truly great. If it comes as a seperate cert, prepare to see the last days of the Galaxy. Three certs for Heavy Transport would class up this game so much I can't even describe it. Plus I think Galaxy pilots deserve some love after all the changes.

I'm gettin' one.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-25, 05:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

The Galaxy would be useless because you can get a Sunderer and fill it, and drop it with the Lodestar. That in itself makes nothing on the Galaxy useful.
Old 2003-11-25, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
RagingSpeedhorn
Corporal

Not all situations will require a Sund drop, what if you want to hotdrop on a tower or base roof? Also think on the platoon situation, 1 squad hd's on the roof and 1 squad drops in a Sund to secure perimiter.
Old 2003-11-25, 06:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

Did the release info include any notes on infanty spaces? or would anyone other than the pilot and vehicle crew have to find another ride?

I can still see a use for a Galaxy. I really can't imagine the need for being able to drop an entire squad disappearing. Just from my initial reading of the release I gathered that a force shield protects the vehicle why in transit. Does this mean that you can not drop it? If it has to land to off load, it adds a bit more challenge.
Old 2003-11-25, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rarzo
Sergeant

The first few days with the Lodestar will be a bit hectic. EVERYONE will have one(including me). That will be a good day to bring out my Starfire MAX. Heehee...
Old 2003-11-25, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Javenn
Corporal

You know what would be cool is a revamp of the lodestar(did i spell that right?) so that one vehicle could be in it and then one could be on the bottom of it dangling just like the pelican in HALO but of course it would just be like a buggy cause i dont think a tank could "Flap" in the wind.
Old 2003-11-25, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

We'll see very soon how effective this cert will be.

Old 2003-11-25, 09:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wrathchild
Private

Originally Posted by Firefly
The Galaxy would be useless because you can get a Sunderer and fill it, and drop it with the Lodestar. That in itself makes nothing on the Galaxy useful.
I think the Galaxy will still be useful.

- Galaxy = 15 people (2 MAX); Lodestar+Sunderer = 11 people (2 MAX)
- Galaxy has guns; Lodestar doesn't
- Galaxy has afterburner; though not mentioned, I'd be shocked if the Lodestar had an afterburner
- Galaxy requires 1 person with Galaxy certification; Lodestar+Sunderer requires 2 people with the right certifications
- Galaxy allows hotdropping of infantry onto the roof of a base/tower; hotdropping a Sunderer on to the roof is probably not a good idea

Also, ten'll get you twenty that the Galaxy is faster than the Lodestar.

I think Galaxy will still be useful. Well, more useful when they put the HART timer back to 10 minutes. I do hope that the Lodestar isn't a new cert, though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion